Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Poland (and UK also) :)

krzyszp

Hello from Poland (and UK also) :)

Hi,

I'm Radioactive@Home team member.
    I'm 36 old software developer from Poland (currently in UK).

Regards for one of the best team on the world

Diamond Member

Re: Hello from Poland (and UK also) :)

Quote Originally Posted by krzyszp View Post
    Hi,

I'm Radioactive@Home team member.
    I'm 36 old software developer from Poland (currently in UK).

Regards for one of the best team on the world
    Welcome! We have several members who are anxious to join your project. Hopefully we will work with KK to get an order placed for sensors soon.

I just returned my first task, and added the location for that host. Hopefully it will show up on the map soon!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Hello Sir, and thank you for the kind compliment to our team! We are just waking up again after a long time, so hopefully there will be more greatness to come.

So over in Poland, what projects are the real favorites? Also, how is the hardware availability, for example on the latest GPUs and such? Never had the chance to visit Europe yet, but someday we'd love to go. My wife is at least 50% Norwegian, so you can imagine where we will have to travel someday and meet her cousins. Her mom said she has a cousin that could almost be a twin, they look so much alike!

Well, take care and thanks for stopping by this side of the Pond. Merry Christmas to you if I don't get to talk with you before then!

Cruncher Pete

Nice to see you in here Krysztof. I see you can post OK. Perhaps the misunderstanding is from the fact that you are not allowed to see or post in some of the Forums as they are for Team members Only. All the best from to you and yours from Australia.

Past Administrator

Uh - hey Z , are those radiation levels good? Is this some kind of geiger counter like system? Seems kind of cool, what do we need to get a bunch of us on this man's project?

Silver Member

Holy cow vacation is awesome! I just checked out radioactive@home and I'd like to get a sensor also. In one of my many past careers I was a "Nuke" in the US Navy so I have a lot of interest in this project.

zombie I had wondered about the graphic on your posts, now it all makes sense. Very cool.

So are there plans for the detectors out there somewhere? I bet there are more than a few people on the boards with the know how to put one together.

Diamond Member

PM KK at the project, and let him know you want to order. He is consolidating the USA orders to save on international shipping.

http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/s...php?userid=216
    Last edited by zombie67; 12-09-11 at 11:13 AM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bikermatt View Post
    Holy cow vacation is awesome! I just checked out radioactive@home and I'd like to get a sensor also. In one of my many past careers I was a "Nuke" in the US Navy so I have a lot of interest in this project.

zombie I had wondered about the graphic on your posts, now it all makes sense. Very cool.

So are there plans for the detectors out there somewhere? I bet there are more than a few people on the boards with the know how to put one together.
    Yes there are. They have posted a How-To with a parts list on their forum. If I can find it again I'll post it here.

Edit: The schematic diagram is here (link). I cannot find a direct link for the controller firmware so you would probably have to contact their software developer, a Mr. Michał Stanisław Wójcik using the websites contact form (Link)

2nd Edit: Found the Firmware (Link).
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 12-09-11 at 11:48 AM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    PM KK at the project, and let him know you want to order. He is consolidating the USA orders to save on international shipping.

http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/s...php?userid=216
    Thanks, I sent a message to Keith. I have a friend that could help me put one together from the schematic but it would take me longer to get the parts and put one together than just getting one from the source.

Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Bikermatt View Post
    Thanks, I sent a message to Keith. I have a friend that could help me put one together from the schematic but it would take me longer to get the parts and put one together than just getting one from the source.
    I got a headache just looking at the schematic, dang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast