Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Radioactive: Need a volunteer to compile OSX app

Diamond Member

Radioactive: Need a volunteer to compile OSX app

http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/f...read.php?id=35

There are apps for Linux and Windows, but not OSX. They don't have the HW or know-how. Do we have any team members or friends that can please do this?

They published the source code:

http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/f...read.php?id=53
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Philadelphia

Re: Radioactive: Need a volunteer to compile OSX app

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/f...read.php?id=35

There are apps for Linux and Windows, but not OSX. They don't have the HW or know-how. Do we have any team members or friends that can please do this?

They published the source code:

http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/f...read.php?id=53
    I'm quite sure this is above my pay grade, but if you/someone needs to 'run' something, I'd be happy to. If you/they need a coder, again, way above my pay grade.

Diamond Member

Bump!

Gold Member

I'll take a look. Since the OS X is basically just an old version of GCC and setting up appropriate make files, it might not be too bad. Then again....
    I don't have any way to test whether it works though as I don't have a sensor. Any OS X people available to help test?
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I'll take a look. Since the OS X is basically just an old version of GCC and setting up appropriate make files, it might not be too bad. Then again....
    I don't have any way to test whether it works though as I don't have a sensor. Any OS X people available to help test?
    Maybe someone with a sensor try a Virtualbox guest of Mac OS X Server?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

I have a sensor and a mac. If you can get me an app, I can test it. Oh, and an app_info.xml. I still can't figure out that thing after all these years.

Gold Member

Compiled for x86_64 and OS X 10.5 or higher. Would have been nice if they had mentioned it needed files from libusb.org and that it needs the old version. Anyway, I hope it works...
    The app can be found here:
    http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz...ple-darwin.zip

Past Administrator

That was fast!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    That was fast!
    OS X is really just BSD Unix with a custom GUI. The custom GUI part is what makes it a pain. Normally, since Apple uses the Gnu C Compiler (GCC) so generally, if it compiles on Linux and doesn't require graphics or low level system calls, OS X won't require too many changes. This one was a bit of a pain because of the USB devices and OS X uses their own USB API which isn't compatible with the code. Luckliy, someone had already written a generic USB library that interfaces with the OS X one (and likewise in Linux and Windows) and that is actually what the code uses. Would have been nice if that was mentioned somethere in their documentation. So I had to find, download, compile, and then figure out how to link it to a non-native OSX library. After doing that twice, I finally found the correct one. If it wasn't for that, it would have only taken and hour or two.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    OS X is really just BSD Unix with a custom GUI. The custom GUI part is what makes it a pain. Normally, since Apple uses the Gnu C Compiler (GCC) so generally, if it compiles on Linux and doesn't require graphics or low level system calls, OS X won't require too many changes. This one was a bit of a pain because of the USB devices and OS X uses their own USB API which isn't compatible with the code. Luckliy, someone had already written a generic USB library that interfaces with the OS X one (and likewise in Linux and Windows) and that is actually what the code uses. Would have been nice if that was mentioned somethere in their documentation. So I had to find, download, compile, and then figure out how to link it to a non-native OSX library. After doing that twice, I finally found the correct one. If it wasn't for that, it would have only taken and hour or two.
    Cool. I take it that generic USB library is GPL? If so do you mind posting a link to it?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast