Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings everyone!!!

Talking Greetings everyone!!!

Greeting Everyone!!! I'm autocrosser (Dean Loros) & hail from the Pacific Northwest. Have crunched for Seti.usa for several years now....just finally decided to "really" join I have been crunching since 1999 when I joined SETI---back then I was using a Apple G3 Blue & White I've moved to Linux (2004) & now build my own equipment, currently running a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 board with a i7-950 clocked to 3.88 with 12G DDR3-2000 ram. I do testing/debug for Linux Mint in my spare time.......

Platinum Member

Re: Greetings everyone!!!

Welcome to the boards Dean! If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to post them. There's a lot of knowledge here.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Admin

Welcome to the boards!!!

Past Administrator

Hello autocrosser, It is good to see you here on the forum. Thank you for making the effort. I hope you like it here. There is lots of good info in the threads. Enjoy.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Hello Welcome to the team! Gald you found your way here. What projects are you intrested?

Well--my project list is:
    PrimeGrid--GPUGrid--SETI--Einstein--Milkyway--Rosetta--Collatz--ABC--Docking--World Community Grid--NFS--Climateprediction--EDGeS--Lattice Project--Yoyo--Boincsimap--AlmereGrid & LHC@home.

So I mix it up quite a bit---My numbers went up quite a bit lately when I got a pair of GTS 450 cards (both seem to be working well for me)

I still like the straight science projects like SETI & I'm interested in things like Orbit, Einstein & other cosmological projects......I do the numbers projects to get numbers

I keep a number of medical projects going because it feels good to do so......

Past Administrator

That is all good stuff and you are in good company there. BTW, we have a several members who are Linux only, running Gentoo, Arch or Mint. I'm just a casual Ubuntu guy myself. Anyhoot, your knowledge is most welcome.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Hiya... Thanks for your years of dedication to the team. Its nice to see you on the boards and welcome aboard..

Linux recommendations...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    That is all good stuff and you are in good company there. BTW, we have a several members who are Linux only, running Gentoo, Arch or Mint. I'm just a casual Ubuntu guy myself. Anyhoot, your knowledge is most welcome.
    Very Good!!! You might consider leaving Ubuntu & joining Mint--I was a Alpha/Beta tester for Ubuntu for many years (2004 Warty to 2010 Oneric) & made the move to LMDE Nov 2010 (due to "disagreements" with a couple of Ubuntu Devs about "Unity"). The best of both worlds--Debian "tamed" By Mint & it's lighter weight than regular Mint or Ubuntu. The "bleeding edge group" meets at: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=201 I'm running the Gnome3/Gnome Shell testing Thread....My "normal" OS is Debian Experimental--It's "really" more stable than Sid & you get all the new shiny stuff first
    Last edited by autocrosser; 12-25-11 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    Hiya... Thanks for your years of dedication to the team. Its nice to see you on the boards and welcome aboard..
    Thank You!!! I thought that it was about time to touch base with the group I was crunchin' for

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast