Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MOO Wrapper Happy Holidays!

Diamond Member

Re: MOO Wrapper Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Yeah, I didn't list these because I haven't been able to ever get any AMD work from them.
    Yeah, they have special requirements. But it can be done.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yeah, they have special requirements. But it can be done.
    Oh cool. I'll have to check into this in 2012. Only 20 more minutes left of 2011!

Gold Member

Btw, I posted about my credit discrepancies between my HD 6970 and GTX 590 over at Moo!

LINK

Diamond Member

I have the same results for the HD 6970 and the HD 5770. Well I dont understand either. As I am new with GPUs I thought I was doing something wrong. Tell us something when you know Professor spingadus.

Duke

Gold Member

Here's a case of "I can use the GPU, but should I".

My nvidia 8300GS will crunch Moo! Apparently Moo doesn't require much Ram so Moo will send it work. Of course, if you try to use the GUI at all, CPU on one core jumps to 100% and the screen moves at iceberg speed. But it does definitely crunch. I'm about to complete my first Moo task on it. It only took 20 hours. I say it's definitely crunching because if I suspend all other tasks and don't use the GUI, cpu usage goes to nearly 0 and work still gets done (but slowly).

It's 3k extra a day, but I lose the use of that computer for anything but crunching. The card just happens to be in my main computer for normal use. I'm currently typing this from the computer formally known as KIM. 'kite' as KIM is now called, with a 4870 has no problems running Moo and supporting GUI usage at the same time.
    6r39 7r199

Friend of SETI.USA

I moved most of my NVIDIA Cards back over to PGrid, credits dropping to much at MOO for the NV Cards, left my ATI's though ...

Gold Member

Yeah, looks like the AMD credits are still up around 2x normal. I'll stay until they go back to normal and then give some MW/Collatz some New Years love.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post

My nvidia 8300GS will crunch Moo...It only took 20 hours.

It's 3k extra a day, but I lose the use of that computer for anything but crunching....
    I was wrong. I don't know if it was because I started doing some PG work or not, but the last couple of "packets" took a lot more hours than the other 44 or so. The final time was 36 hours with a CPU time of around 300 s.

However, my GF 9800 GT gets about 45k a day on Moo which is about what it gets on PG so when Dirt is down I can do one or the other.
    Last edited by trigggl; 01-02-12 at 12:02 PM.
    6r39 7r199

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post

My nvidia 8300GS will crunch Moo! Apparently Moo doesn't require much Ram so Moo will send it work. Of course, if you try to use the GUI at all, CPU on one core jumps to 100% and the screen moves at iceberg speed. But it does definitely crunch. I'm about to complete my first Moo task on it. It only took 20 hours. I say it's definitely crunching because if I suspend all other tasks and don't use the GUI, cpu usage goes to nearly 0 and work still gets done (but slowly).

It's 3k extra a day, but I lose the use of that computer for anything but crunching. The card just happens to be in my main computer for normal use. I'm currently typing this from the computer formally known as KIM. 'kite' as KIM is now called, with a 4870 has no problems running Moo and supporting GUI usage at the same time.
    Thanks Professor trigggl. I am a real disgrace on GPU stuff.

Duke

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Thanks Professor trigggl. I am a real disgrace on GPU stuff.

Duke
    I think I can safely say that it's a complete waste of time and resources to try to crunch with the 8300. I'd probably cost the 4870 more than on Moo task by using it as a PC while trying to finish just one on my regular PC.
    6r39 7r199

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456