Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 560TIx2: What is a reasonable OC?

Diamond Member

560TIx2: What is a reasonable OC?

So I have this 560TIx2. Just FYI, it is significantly faster at einstein than my 580 and 590s. It will run a task in 70% of the time of the faster cards. But is slower at everything else. Go figure. So I have it running einstein for now.

Anyway, stock speed is 850mhz. What is a reasonable, stable OC speed? nVidia doesn't have a "find the best speed settings" tool like ATI. So I'm flying blind here. And I really don't feel like spending hours/days with trial and error. TIA!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Re: 560TIx2: What is a reasonable OC?

Not sure how well your setup handles heat, but i'd shoot for 950MHz, leaving the memory speed alone.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Not sure how well your setup handles heat, but i'd shoot for 950MHz, leaving the memory speed alone.
    It is in a HAF-X. So plenty of flow. I'll give 950 a shot.

Past Administrator

You may have to up the voltage a tiny bit to do hit 950 - but I think it should do it easily with low temps as well in that case!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    You may have to up the voltage a tiny bit to do hit 950 - but I think it should do it easily with low temps as well in that case!
    Where can you access the voltage? I am not seeing it in the nvidia control panel.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Where can you access the voltage? I am not seeing it in the nvidia control panel.
    Ummmmmm, ever heard of MSI Afterburner, FYI I did run 2 Albert Wu's on 1 of my 560 Twins @ 950 Core Speed and both Wu's failed to Validate, they both finished without error but didn't Validate ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 12-30-11 at 06:51 PM.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Ummmmmm, ever heard of MSI Afterburner, FYI I did run 2 Albert Wu's on 1 of my 560 Twins and both Wu's failed to Validate, they both finished without error but didn't Validate ...
    Ah. That's right. Never used it before. Okay, running it now.

Current voltage is 1037. So how much is "a tiny bit more"?

Also, there is a check box for "force constant voltage". It's not clear to me what that does exactly. I googled it, and I see people asking this question. All the answers are "you don't need that". But nothing that explains what it does.

Friend of SETI.USA

Try 1050 Volts & 950 Core, leave the Memory @ Stock & see if they Validate, Mine might have not Validated because I bumped the Memory up by 100 ...

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Try 1050 Volts & 950 Core, leave the Memory @ Stock & see if they Validate, Mine might have not Validated because I bumped the Memory up by 100 ...
    Done! And it seems to be running fine with those settings. I'll keep an eye on it for the next day or so. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Platinum Member

I believe the "force constant voltage" thingy does just that. but that's the obvious part

When the full amount of the voltage you set isn't needed, it'll drop down some, like if it went into an idle state or even running with a light load. CPUs do the same thing. But yeah, you don't need that. Allowing the voltage to drop when it can is a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast