Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest Against ACTA / SOPA / PIPA.

Platinum Member

Re: Protest Against ACTA / SOPA / PIPA.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Alright! Hopefully it will get through to more of them.

Friend of SETI.USA

It's nothing more that the Few trying to control the Many with a We know what's best for you Mentality ...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    It's nothing more that the Few trying to control the Many with a We know what's best for you Mentality ...
    And the scariest part of it, though the very ideology itself is horrifying, is that those few are some of the most deceitful, corrupt, narcissistic individuals (aka politicians) on the planet.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    And the scariest part of it, though the very ideology itself is horrifying, is that those few are some of the most deceitful, corrupt, narcissistic individuals (aka politicians) on the planet.
    You forgot to mention Money Grubbers, You can't get rid of them either, no matter who you Vote in to take their place will be just as bad & they just Appoint the Person you voted out to some Cushy Special Interest Government Sponsored Job. Politicians will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to Vote for them & then once their in office it's back to the Good Ole Boy way of doing things again.

Look at Federal or State Lobbyists, most of them are Ex Politicians, they go right from supposedly working for the people to really working for the Corporations, you just have to know who's interest they really had in mind while the were in Office. All they do the whole time their in Office is try to cozy up to the Corporations so they can land a high paying job at one of them when they get out of Office ...

Cappy

Another link

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa

get to signing people !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Cappy; 01-19-12 at 09:33 AM.

Platinum Member

Apparently "Anonymous" hacked MPAA, RIAA, and the Justice Dept websites...

http://www.geekosystem.com/anon-justice-universal/

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Apparently "Anonymous" hacked MPAA, RIAA, and the Justice Dept websites...

http://www.geekosystem.com/anon-justice-universal/
    Very, very nice!

Silver Member

.....and another thing that really pisses me off is, "Intro rates", "Certain restrictions apply", "For 12 months..." and "High yield"!

These are nothing more than, ADVERTISING for MORONS to get you to put your very hard earned dollars into something that will make THEM a PILE of dough while they have it, and in the mean time, they give you a pissy little REWARD for allowing them to make money from yours, but you get a blast of spody in your eye for something that yields nothing worthwhile back to you! Come on...2%...WTF? I give them $20,000 that they will play with it to their hearts content and in return I get back 2% over a year? That's $400 for a year? That's all I get? Oh, but this is making you money, they say! After inflation and a years worth of time and the gas prices, that amounts to me pissing in the ocean and feeling relieved about it!

I especially hate the, "For 12 months" thing! I want to know what the charges are going to be AFTER the 12 months, but do they ever disclose that?. Sometimes, yes, but you really have to dig to find that answer. AT&T is notorious for this and the, "Certain restrictions apply"! You see them state that in every ad they put on TV or whatever, that is, if you're looking at the fine print at the bottom of the screen that can barely be read during the 1.5 seconds they show it with 200 words. You better be a full fledged speed reader with a good set of glasses to get that one, I know I never do.

Credit cards and banks are notorious for the, " Intro rates" and "High yield". Okay, intro rate of 2% does not make for making any money whatsoever and a, "High yield" of 1% doesn't do anything else either!

In a nutshell, it's about money grubbers and any way they can find to get their hand into your pocket and I'm sick of it and the mentality that goes with it.

But, I'm not really pissed off, after all, this is America!
    Yo-

Platinum Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast