Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Moo

Platinum Member

Help with Moo

So, I'm running Moo for the first time in MONTHS. Six or so. And I need help getting things set up, since I haven't been monitoring how to get stuff going...

I've got 2x5970s set up on Moo, running 10.10. Win7x64. I've got ProLasso running to dedicate a full core to Moo. Boinc 6.10.58. All 4 GPUs OC'ed to 800MHz.

What can I do do make it go faster/more reliable? Can anyone give me some hints? I've been off this for more than 7 months, and a cursory glance of the boards there seems to indicate things have changed, but I don't know what to tweak...

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Help with Moo

I don't know abut others but I'm not doing anything special running a 5870 & 6990 there ...

Past Admin

Same here, your oc looks good. The only thing you may want to try is running the program Fire. recommended to identify the fastest core and utilize that for Moo.

Administrator

Max I'm not doing anything special on either of those to get them going.

As mentioned, it is IMPERATIVE that you select the correct CORE in your preferences. That will take you from pathetic credits to great credits.

If you go to the project site message boards: General Issues/Preferences/benchmarks .... you can find how to run the benchmark to see which core is fastest on your machine.

C:\Users\All Users\BOINC\projects\moowrap.net\dnetc518-win32-x86-stream.exe" -bench

Stick that in a DOS prompt and run it with BOINC turned off. It will tell you what is the fastest.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    As mentioned, it is IMPERATIVE that you select the correct CORE in your preferences. That will take you from pathetic credits to great credits.

If you go to the project site message boards: General Issues/Preferences/benchmarks .... you can find how to run the benchmark to see which core is fastest on your machine.

C:\Users\All Users\BOINC\projects\moowrap.net\dnetc518-win32-x86-stream.exe" -bench

Stick that in a DOS prompt and run it with BOINC turned off. It will tell you what is the fastest.
    That still hass never worked for me on any of my Box's ... .. Just tried it again & got:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\PoorBoy>G:\Users\All Users\BOINC\projects\moowrap.net\dnetc518-win32-x8
    6-stream.exe" -bench
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\PoorBoy>

Platinum Member

Thanks, Bryan! I knew I was forgetting something...

And Ste\/e, do you have your BOINC installed to the default directory? I had to alter some paths to make things go right...

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Thanks, Bryan! I knew I was forgetting something...

And Ste\/e, do you have your BOINC installed to the default directory? I had to alter some paths to make things go right...
    No not on any of my Box's, but I've tried many different paths & none work on any of the Box's ...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    No not on any of my Box's, but I've tried many different paths & none work on any of the Box's ...
    Well then. I suggest you poop on any cows you come across today in protest of this Moo thing not working.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    That still hass never worked for me on any of my Box's ... .. Just tried it again & got:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\PoorBoy>G:\Users\All Users\BOINC\projects\moowrap.net\dnetc518-win32-x8
    6-stream.exe" -bench
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\PoorBoy>

Some things to check...

If running Vista or Windows 7, I would expect your BOINC data folder to be under C:\ProgramData so the command would be:

C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\moowrap.net\dnetc518-win32-x86-stream.exe -bench

Note that no quotes are needed because there are no spaces in any of the folder or file names. But, if you want to use quotes, make sure you have them at both ends. Your example also uses G: as the drive letter which seems strange and has no opening double quote so Windows is looking for G:\Users\All instead of the moo wrapper executable.

e.g.

"C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\moowrap.net\dnetc51 8-win32-x86-stream.exe" -bench
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

@Ste\/e: Maybe this will help....

To see the extended command list which includes "Open command window here" you must press and hold Ctrl and Shift keys and then right-click the moowrap.net folder

(Click images to enlarge)

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast