Thread: Good credit at Superlink

Gold Member

Good credit at Superlink

I don't know if it will last an hour, a day or a month, but I'm getting really good credit at Superlink. I've done 6k today on 7 cores running 64-bit Linux. Don't know how long it will last, but a lot of teams are hitting it.

http://cbl-boinc-server2.cs.technion.ac.il/superlinkattechnion/
    6r39 7r199

Past Admin

Re: Good credit at Superlink

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I don't know if it will last an hour, a day or a month, but I'm getting really good credit at Superlink. I've done 6k today on 7 cores running 64-bit Linux. Don't know how long it will last, but a lot of teams are hitting it.

I'm on it. Thanks Trig

Gold Member

I must have missed the credit increase.

I got 64.46 credits for a task that ran for 5452 seconds.

Comes out to .0118 credits/sec.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    I must have missed the credit increase.

I got 64.46 credits for a task that ran for 5452 seconds.

Comes out to .0118 credits/sec.
    I said I got 6k on 7 cores in a day. It was actually 6.5k. That equates to roughly .011 credits/sec on one task. I don't think there was a credit increase. I think mainly, they just have a good flow for once. They use ancient server software, so no credit new.

I'm not sure whether you're saying you got there too late or if you're saying you didn't notice it until now.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

I said I got 6k on 7 cores in a day. It was actually 6.5k. That equates to roughly .011 credits/sec on one task. I don't think there was a credit increase. I think mainly, they just have a good flow for once. They use ancient server software, so no credit new.

I'm not sure whether you're saying you got there too late or if you're saying you didn't notice it until now.
    You worded your post in a way that made it appear that the credit was better than normal and that it might not last. So, of course I jumped on it

Your post was at 1:52pm and when I read that you already had 6k "today" with only 7 cores, I was like "that's double credit!!" lol.

I'll eventually come back to this project when my other MM's are taken care of.

Diamond Member

Can we please standardize on how we talk about credits? It's like someone talking about getting 3 furlongs to the peck in their car.

Credits per hour seems pretty standard.

In any case, normal (pre-CreditNew) was about 20/hour. If I recall superlnk paid about 40/hour back when I crunched it, which was about 2x normal. So yeah, that was really good back in the day. Not sure what it pays now.

But the thing to know about superlink, is that it needs about 1.2gb/task RAM to run. So be sure your machine is up to it.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Can we please standardize on how we talk about credits? It's like someone talking about getting 3 furlongs to the peck in their car.

In any case, normal (pre-CreditNew) was about 20/hour. If I recall superlnk paid about 40/hour back when I crunched it, which was about 2x normal. So yeah, that was really good back in the day. Not sure what it pays now.

But the thing to know about superlink, is that it needs about 1.2gb/task RAM to run. So be sure your machine is up to it.
    My fastest machine is getting about 60/hr. The slowest about 40/hr.

Haven't had a problem with Ram on my fastest machine which is dual core with 2G. It does get a hair sluggish, though.

Anyways, I said "Good" credits, not "Great" credits. I thought I would mention it because it is better than credit new and Superlink doesn't always have work. Naturally, being an MM'er, I pay attention to that sort of thing.

I guess I need to be more specific when I post about these things, that I'm not telling anyone to go there. I just saw something that I thought others might be interested in.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post

Credits/hr it is

Gold Member

My fastest machine is getting about 60/hr. The slowest about 40/hr.

Haven't had a problem with Ram on my fastest machine which is dual core with 2G. It does get a hair sluggish, though.

Anyways, I said "Good" credits, not "Great" credits. I thought I would mention it because it is better than credit new and Superlink doesn't always have work. Naturally, being an MM'er, I pay attention to that sort of thing.

I guess I need to be more specific when I post about these things, that I'm not telling anyone to go there. I just saw something that I thought others might be interested in.
    Hey Triggle, I hope it didn't come across like I wasn't grateful that you posted. It's great that you took the time to let everyone know about SL. I do the same here and there. There have been quite a few times when I got project credits that I would have missed out on if I wasn't on the team. Much appreciated

Gold Member

Murphy took out my internet connection last night so I have a bunch of unreported tasks. Naturally, now that my internet is back up, Superlink is down.
    6r39 7r199