Thread: Sorry Guys...

Past Administrator

Sorry Guys...

Just want to let everyone know the updated status on the rigs in progress. I feel a little bummed out like I let the team down, but I won't have the X6 CPU by tomorrow's PG Challenge. That was my goal, but I just flat out ran out of money after buying the HAF 932. I know I could have gotten a smaller CPU for one of these rigs, but I'd really like to wait and get an X6. I am pretty close to it.
    Looking around my office back room for more stuff to sell!

So...I'll only have the quad, a dual, and my bro's dual for the the PG Challenge, hope it is enough. I do have all the other pieces for Kat's rig here, only missing a CPU now. Hopefully I'll be posting about getting it soon.

I did manage to get everything stuffed into the HAF case today after it came around noon, so I am back to running both 5870 and 5850 GPUs now. First time in the same case. Whoever said this thing was big...understatement of the year! This baby puts some server towers to shame. Love the casters on the bottom. Just crazy.
    Notice the second monitor I had to throw under the table because I don't have a dummy plug made up yet!
    Well, here's to a great PG Challenge tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Sorry Guys...

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Just want to let everyone know the updated status on the rigs in progress. I feel a little bummed out like I let the team down, but I won't have the X6 CPU by tomorrow's PG Challenge. That was my goal, but I just flat out ran out of money after buying the HAF 932. I know I could have gotten a smaller CPU for one of these rigs, but I'd really like to wait and get an X6. I am pretty close to it.
    Looking around my office back room for more stuff to sell!

So...I'll only have the quad, a dual, and my bro's dual for the the PG Challenge, hope it is enough. I do have all the other pieces for Kat's rig here, only missing a CPU now. Hopefully I'll be posting about getting it soon.

I did manage to get everything stuffed into the HAF case today after it came around noon, so I am back to running both 5870 and 5850 GPUs now. First time in the same case. Whoever said this thing was big...understatement of the year! This baby puts some server towers to shame. Love the casters on the bottom. Just crazy.
    Notice the second monitor I had to throw under the table because I don't have a dummy plug made up yet!
    Well, here's to a great PG Challenge tomorrow!
    Sweet rig.

As far as the challenge goes, I'm not sure it's going to matter; the PG database appears to have crashed.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

thepossum1

hehehehehehe hmmm, seems like old times---team enters challenge and kills the server That is a good omen

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by thepossum1 View Post
    hehehehehehe hmmm, seems like old times---team enters challenge and kills the server That is a good omen
    There was a time where that statement where more true than most people would believe!!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Administrator

I'm up and running now.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Jammin setup there! The Doctor is in the House

And no worries mate on the hardware situation. Just a case of BOINC meets RL

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Yeah, you're not kidding. More like BOINC laughs at my empty wallet! Well, that was the agreement I had with Kim at the beginning of the duel with Joker and I ... I would push it up to the limit, but I couldn't go over. Between the new Antec PSU I had to get and the HAF 932, there went the $200 I had planned on using for the CPU.

So...now it's back to the drawing board. Need to find some more hobby stuff to get rid of so I can get the X6. Back room is looking sparse. (Back of my mind is thinking "come on, there's got to be something left!")
    And a quick gripe...the night I finally get both GPUs up again, DNETC goes down! Just switched to MW, but I probably lost a good 1/2 a day of crunching there.

Hey F$ - have you made a dummy plug before? Do you have to solder the resistors, or can you just twist the wires together on the adapter?