Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies You Want to See...

Administrator

Movies You Want to See...

"My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Re: Movies You Want to See...

LOL !! Ok that is on the list.

Past Administrator

If anyone here hasn't seen "It's a Wonderful Life" - 1946, B&W movie...I would highly recommend you take an hour out of your life for it. It must be ranked among the top 100 of movies ever made. If you've got anything of a heart, you can't watch that and not be moved; maybe even cry.

Gold Member

If you've got anything of a heart, you can't watch that and not be moved; maybe even cry.
    I'm laughing on the outside. My smile is just skin deep. Inside I'm really crying, perhaps you'd join me for a weep.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    If anyone here hasn't seen "It's a Wonderful Life" - 1946, B&W movie...I would highly recommend you take an hour out of your life for it. It must be ranked among the top 100 of movies ever made. If you've got anything of a heart, you can't watch that and not be moved; maybe even cry.
    Fun fact about that movie: When it was made, it was pretty much universally panned and disliked. So much so, in fact, that the movie studio let the copyright lapse, making it "Public Domain." Once it became free to air, TV stations started playing it around the holidays because it was free to show. And because it was free, everyone aired and every year, so it became the holiday tradition it is today...

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Fun fact about that movie: When it was made, it was pretty much universally panned and disliked. So much so, in fact, that the movie studio let the copyright lapse, making it "Public Domain." Once it became free to air, TV stations started playing it around the holidays because it was free to show. And because it was free, everyone aired and every year, so it became the holiday tradition it is today...
    My fav b&w christmas movie: Miracle on 34th Street

According to wiki:

Critical reception
    Miracle on 34th Street received mostly positive reviews from critics and is considered by many as one of the best films of 1947. The film currently holds a 94% "Fresh" rating on the review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes with a consensus that the film is "irrefutable proof that gentle sentimentalism can be the chief ingredient in a wonderful film, a film that delivers a warm holiday message without resorting to treacle."

Awards and honors
    The film won Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Edmund Gwenn), Best Writing, Original Story (Valentine Davies) and Best Writing, Screenplay. It was also nominated for Best Picture, losing to Gentleman's Agreement.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

If we are going to talk about christmas movies.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvMLfSQrHKE

Platinum Member

Continuing on with the Christmas theme, here's one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6rmxyp3cCQ

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    If we are going to talk about christmas movies.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvMLfSQrHKE
    I love The Christmas Story, one of my favorites along with Scrooged.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Here is one for you...

Cowboys & Aliens:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1950390553/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast