Thread: Where can I find a cheap AMD X6-1035t?

Past Admin

Where can I find a cheap AMD X6-1035t?

Greeting gods of Hardware...

I just today "discovered" that the son MB supports the Phenom X6 CPU!...In particular the X6-1035t, 1045t or the 1055t.

Thing is....

They are sold out pretty much all over Denmark. And I have no luck in locating a second hand CPU...

Are you guys familiar with any sites near me, that I can look into???
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Re: Where can I find this for cheap?

Sorry Beer. The only eTailers that I know and trust are based here.

I did find 1055t that is on the low side at $50.00 starting bid and will most likely stay there. That is because it has a broken pin. (Link) It would be a gamble but since the missing is on the outside edge it can be repaired using a filed down soldering iron tip. Personally I have never replaced a broken CPU pin but I have had to straighten out pins on 3 different occasions.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Re: Where can I find a cheap AMD X6-1035t?

Beer, I know how you have to watch the power consumption over there in Europe - with utilities cost so high. What you want is a 1035t or 1045t because they only pull 95W for 6 cores!

Are you opposed to one on Ebay? I could help ship it over if necessary. I don't know any etailers in Europe, but I'm sure we could try to locate you one...is there an "Ebay" or "Craigslist" type site for Denmark?

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Beer, I know how you have to watch the power consumption over there in Europe - with utilities cost so high. What you want is a 1035t or 1045t because they only pull 95W for 6 cores!

Are you opposed to one on Ebay? I could help ship it over if necessary. I don't know any etailers in Europe, but I'm sure we could try to locate you one...is there an "Ebay" or "Craigslist" type site for Denmark?
    Excactly my thougths...6 cores on 95W....Canīt go wrong...

I am hitting the Danish webshops hard by email. I found a small shop that migth have a 1045T coming in later this month...I will keep you posted.

Never traded on Ebay before. Sticking to those I know. We got some "ebay" and "craigslist" type of sites - but no luck so far.

Oh, well.....I will keep trying. Maybe stick a few dollars aside at the same time.....I found a cheap Asrock MB, that could serve as base for upgrading the family-rig on a budget....The FX8100 will fit in there...Besides the CPU and MB...i just need DDR3 and a HS.....I would be all set for a couple of years...

Past Administrator

Let me know when you need that DDR3. I've got 4GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM that I will send you - just found out I can't use it together with my G-Skill RIPJAW 4GB set, because for whatever reason the motherboard doesn't like the mis-matched set. They both work great separately though!

Past Administrator

Let me know when you need that DDR3. I've got 4GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM that I will send you - just found out I can't use it together with my G-Skill RIPJAW 4GB set, because for whatever reason the motherboard doesn't like the mis-matched set. They both work great separately though!
    IIRC with the i7 on-die memory controller, it does not like mis-matched chip density or sticks of different capacity. ie, 4GB sticks. A stick with low density chips will be double-sided (chips on both sides of the stick) while a stick with high density chips will be single-sided.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Thks for the offer. But ram prices are pretty atm...So I will locate some std. ram sometime soon, and go with them. If I canīt find a X6 - I definately will try to get my hands on a cheap X4 somewhere. At that point I will donate the current X2 for a hydrahead.
    The current X2 is a 240e which is 2 x 2.8Ghz at ridiculus 45W power...But more than enough to feed a strong GPU at some point!!