Thread: Anyone have a cheap GPU that will crunch with a 450w PSU

Diamond Member

Re: Anyone have a cheap GPU that will crunch with a 450w PSU

Graphic on Milk. You ask for it Mike.

Take it DoooooooH

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    You can drop that puppy on Milk for the next few hours and pick up the double stones.
    It has actually been on Milkyway for most of the day because last night Moo was down after it d/l'd one wu. Then I figured out when I woke up this morning that MW was better credit for now and left it there.

Past Admin

Now that the double credits are over see if you can get it to run on Donate-at-home for max credits. If not Milk may be your best bet even over Moo. If your having heat issues Collatz is the place to be.

GalaxyIce

Now that the double credits are over see if you can get it to run on Donate-at-home for max credits. If not Milk may be your best bet even over Moo. If your having heat issues Collatz is the place to be.
    Thankx for this useful info. How about PrimeGrid for GPU? How does it stack up against the above?

Silver Member

For now I put it on Moo because MW was giving me issues w/connecting to localhost.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyIce View Post
    Thankx for this useful info. How about PrimeGrid for GPU? How does it stack up against the above?
    If you are running an Nvidia card I believe it is the PPS Sieve wu's that are GPU capable?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyIce View Post
    It all depends upon the type of GPU. If using AMD GPUs, Moo is still the best. If nVidia, PG works well. DiRT is good - if you can get work.

My DiRT saga: The DiRT server refuses to send one of my hosts work. Even after the admins reset the counters in the database, the server decided I had maxed out my WUs for the day even though I haven't recevied any for several days. Yet, the admins also actually believe that 7.0.7 is "stable" even though it shares the same code as the BOINC client which and all 7.x.x version of the client are considered experimental. If I only had a bridge to sell them.....
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Graphic on Milk. You ask for it Mike.

Take it DoooooooH
    Big Thanks, Duke..

@Slicker,
    I was able to get Cuda work from DiRT by detaching and then attaching. Resetting did not work. I'm still not getting any cpu work on any box.
    Last edited by Mike029; 02-15-12 at 12:24 PM.

Past Administrator

No DiRT CPU work either for me. Running DiRT CUDA WUs on the Hydra (Cheetah's) GTX 460s.

Silver Member

yeah seems like from what i read if you had a cpu wu running before there update it will hang so hopefully once the wu times out on there end we will be able to get work again atleast im being hopeful. only got two of my nvidia working dont know how i lucked out on that one but the other one is stuck on the cpu wu maybe reinstallnig boinc will reset the computer id number or worst case rename the box then reinstall boinc might fix it also but i got to many computers to go through all that atm..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12