Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I7 build

Past Administrator

Re: I7 build

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    I go between the egg and compusa (tiger). I am willing to try anyone for good service. I can get things overnight usually and 2 days from the egg. I ordered teh memory last night late and it is in Milwaukee no and will be here tomorrow. I have had excellent service from both of them when I needed it.
    Cool. Good service is key and worth its weight in Gold.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    Thanks F$. usually order from Comp because I can get it the next day but I do get some parts from the Egg if they are cheaper.
    Keep an eye on amazon, I have had great luck getting things cheaper there, escpecially like-new "Amazon warehouse deals" (the used link). Like new is often just damanged box or opened box. I got Antec HCP-1200 ATX for $161 that was labeled as scratched ("scratch" came off, looks band new, testing next week). Your mileage may vary. All things I have purchase that way worked great except one blu-ray/surround package, I bought for wife's office. Return was super easy, UPS guy picked it up. I do Amazon Prime now and get most stuff 2 days no charge, $3.79 for overnight.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I just finished installing the H100 I bought from NewEgg. $95.00 after MIR.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181017

Easy to install and dropped my temps 10 degrees while allowing me to OC my 2600k to 4.5.
    I am one of the lucky ones and my 2600k is running at 4.7 totally stable, haven't tried anything higher. On air until the tech overhall next week, the cpu temp is 65c to 70c per core, during the challenges going full tilt, until my office gets over 75F. Sadly, I had to put a fan in my office to start moving hot air out. The loadest fan isn't in my case. I have a h100 waiting in the corner. My main heat problem is the heat leaking from the GPUs (the factory overclocked 570s) into the case and cutting down Zalman's cpu cooler performance and its fan is getting loader (the second 570 did me in). I plan to top mount the h100 in side the case and place the fans between case and radiator to push air down through the rad. Rather than push the hot GPU air up into rad. If the stock h100 fans are too annoying I plan to go to something like the Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-P (PWM fan) or Scythe Gentle Typhoon (non-pwm).

If you have an Asus boards, this link really helped me put the final touches on my setttings (I have the p8p67 deluxe). The concepts apply to alot of their boards. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

Attachment 803
    Last edited by EmSti; 03-22-12 at 11:24 PM.

Gold Member

Smile Re: I7 build

First part of upgrades done. I7 now on the H100, what a difference. Running Both 570s on Milkyway and full out on Docking 10c cooler. I am pushing air down through the radaitor.

Attachment 808

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmSti View Post
    First part of upgrades done. I7 now on the H100, what a difference. Running Both 570s on Milkyway and full out on Docking 10c cooler. I am pushing air down through the radaitor.
    Sweet!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678