Thread: PrimeGrid: The Leonids Challenge - Preliminary results

Diamond Member

PrimeGrid: The Leonids Challenge - Preliminary results

What a splendid show for both the Leonids and the Challenge. Once again, it was exciting to see the top 2 teams go neck and neck to the wire. Also, through the top 100 users, there are many positions separated by a single task. So far, no luck with finding a Sophie Germain or twin prime, but there were over 110 single primes returned during the Challenge...greatly exceeding our expectation. The Challenge is over and now the "clean up" process begins. As a nice contrast to the Calendula Challenge, this one is shaping up to be very short. Official results are most likely less than a week away, but for preliminary results, please see this forum post. Thank you to everyone who participated.

More...

krackedpress

Re: PrimeGrid: The Leonids Challenge - Preliminary results

How do they determine the position number if two or more have the same credits? I am at 385 for the rank position, but the person at 386 has the same number of credits. Why did I get to be 385 and he was 386? It would be nice to know.

Platinum Member

Re: PrimeGrid: The Leonids Challenge - Preliminary results

Quote Originally Posted by krackedpress View Post
    How do they determine the position number if two or more have the same credits? I am at 385 for the rank position, but the person at 386 has the same number of credits. Why did I get to be 385 and he was 386? It would be nice to know.
    What shows up on stats sites is actually rounded, so you may be at (for example) 10.234 credits, and the other person might be at 10.231 credits.

Alternatively, if people really do have the EXACT same number of credits, I think it's sorted in alphabetical order...