Thread: Crunching on the PS3

krazy k

Crunching on the PS3

It seems that I am the only one active these days. I just fired it back up, so did I miss a memo somewhere or just no one is doing this anymore?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=51524

Past Admin

Re: Crunching on the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by krazy k View Post
    It seems that I am the only one active these days. I just fired it back up, so did I miss a memo somewhere or just no one is doing this anymore?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=51524
    I ran a few. Took forever and there was no way to run it while playing a game or watching a movie. Unlike the boxes..

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I ran a few. Took forever and there was no way to run it while playing a game or watching a movie. Unlike the boxes..
    It seems to me running it on PS3 is just begging to kill your ps3 faster. I've already killed one, I don't want to tax its hardware anymore than I need to.

Platinum Member

It's non-BOINC, and I don't want to waste the power on it. Plus, I like my PS3, and want to keep it running longer...

krazy k

Doesn't get counted toward BOINC? Not the best use of $300 either.

I rarely play games and I never have enough time for movies so I figured this was a better use for it that waiting for a roommate to ruin it. I guess folding can do that for me...

Platinum Member

Doesn't get counted toward BOINC? Not the best use of $300 either.

I rarely play games and I never have enough time for movies so I figured this was a better use for it that waiting for a roommate to ruin it. I guess folding can do that for me...
    It's a good project - I really wish it were in BOINC. It does a lot better science than crap like Moo. But it's not BOINC. Make sure to join the team there, though (51524)...

krazy k

Already on the team, hence the part where I said that it seems that I am the only one.

Platinum Member

Already on the team, hence the part where I said that it seems that I am the only one.
    Ah. Yes. I'll occasionally throw a WU toward it if I forget the PS3 is on, but that's rare.

Platinum Member

I never play games on my PS3, just the occasional Netflix. I was not able to get Prima going on it, so I put it back on Folding@home for our team. Yeah yeah I know it is not BOINC points, but we have a team there and it is for an excellent cause.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    I never play games on my PS3, just the occasional Netflix. I was not able to get Prima going on it, so I put it back on Folding@home for our team. Yeah yeah I know it is not BOINC points, but we have a team there and it is for an excellent cause.
    Thank you!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6