Thread: BREAKING NEWS: AMD A10 APU announced; ATI HD7660D inside

Exclamation BREAKING NEWS: AMD A10 APU announced; ATI HD7660D inside

In the 2nd quarter of 2012, we can expect a new round of APU's (CPU and GPU combined) from AMD.

The processors will feature quad cores and some will come as multiplier unlocked.

Most notable will be the A10-5800K which will have an ATI HD7660D video card, 384 streaming cores @800 MHz!

Wonder if the ATI HD7660D will support double precision floating point math?

Get all the details here:
    http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2012/2..._Revealed.html
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Diamond Member

Re: BREAKING NEWS: AMD A10 APU announced; ATI HD7660D inside

How does the combination on a single chip impact OC? Do they share the same clock, with perhaps separate multipliers? Can we OC independently? How does that work exactly?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
    In the 2nd quarter of 2012, we can expect a new round of APU's (CPU and GPU combined) from AMD.

The processors will feature quad cores and some will come as multiplier unlocked.

Most notable will be the A10-5800K which will have an ATI HD7660D video card, 384 streaming cores @800 MHz!

Wonder if the ATI HD7660D will support double precision floating point math?

Get all the details here:
    http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2012/2..._Revealed.html
    I can't wait to read your reviews on it.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    How does the combination on a single chip impact OC? Do they share the same clock, with perhaps separate multipliers? Can we OC independently? How does that work exactly?
    As I understand it the CPU cores and the GPU are completely separate save for the shared L2 or L3 cache. So yeah, GPU OC is independent and IIRC is still managed with CCC.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    As I understand it the CPU cores and the GPU are completely separate save for the shared L2 or L3 cache. So yeah, GPU OC is independent and IIRC is still managed with CCC.
    Sweet! Imagine ATI crunching on the CPU + nvidia crunching on the PCIe cards.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne