Thread: Recommendation for Keyboard/Mouse

Advisor - Stateside Division

Recommendation for Keyboard/Mouse

I am so tired of mine. The button on my mouse is failing so it often takes 3 or 4 clicks to get something to take.

Looking for a USB Wired keyboard and USB Wired mouse. Tired of wireless ones as well, as I've been getting momentary pauses occasionally.

I'm not really a gamer. When I do play a game it's usually a classic arcade game via MAME.

Thought I'd see if you guys had any good recommendations

Gold Member

Re: Recommendation for Keyboard/Mouse

I use a Logitech Trackball. It takes awhile to get used to it but you don't need space to move a mouse around. Plus the one I am using now I have had for over 5 years and it still works flawlessly.
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...s/devices/4680
    I also use Logitech keyboards. They have a lot of them depending on what you want.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I am so tired of mine. The button on my mouse is failing so it often takes 3 or 4 clicks to get something to take.

Looking for a USB Wired keyboard and USB Wired mouse. Tired of wireless ones as well, as I've been getting momentary pauses occasionally.

I'm not really a gamer. When I do play a game it's usually a classic arcade game via MAME.

Thought I'd see if you guys had any good recommendations
    For mice take a look a the Razer brand. Yes I know they are primarily for gaming but that also means they can take a beating. I am what you would call a button "Masher" and I've had my Razer Imperator for over a year and still no issues. I have a Logitech MX510 which lasted about six months before the left mouse button started acting up.

Razer Mice on Newegg (Link)

For keyboards..... Though I no longer own one the venerable IBM AT - Model M is bullet proof (Link). I have an HP SK-2511A (Link) that I have been using since 1999 that I got used. It is completely serviceable, meaning you can tare it down for thorough cleaning.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I've thrown out two wireless keyboards so far due to their lack or response and went back to wired. My wife thinks I'm nuts to type on every keyboard in the store, but for me, the feel is everything. Personally, I have a half dozen old Compaq keyboards that have a feel I really like, so every time they threw some out at work when they bought new machines, I grabbed them. When they get too "yellowed" from age or slimey, I just pull a "new" one from the closet because I just can't type more than 60 WPM on the mushy ones that come with the new computers. I think the new keybaords are made for all the people who can only type with their thumbs after using their smart phones all day - a.k.a. crappy.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Carpel Tunnel
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)