Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seti@Home Quarterly Challenge

Administrator
    BTW, Seti.USA won this challenge by 8 million points. It wasn't as exciting since we were in from the start this time, but it did show our horsepower.
    http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=189
    Last edited by Al; 03-01-12 at 04:17 PM.

Past Administrator

Re: Seti@Home Quarterly Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    BTW, Seti.USA won this challenge by 8 million points. It wasn't as exciting since we were in from the start this time, but it did show our horsepower.
    Yeah I saw that today. Insane crunching power this team has on that project...

It was fun to watch but running another one seems to me a little too much like chest beating (IMHO). But if the forum regulars agree we should keep running them then I will. Just wanted to put this out there.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator
    I agree, I think we've proved our point. I think we can forgo sponsoring it, but I think we should enter if another team sets it up.

Past Admin

I agree, I think we've proved our point. I think we can forgo sponsoring it, but I think we should enter if another team sets it up.
    +1

Gold Member

It is hard to get gung-ho about those stats when you figure it will take almost 6 years to regain #2 overall when just over 2 years ago we had the #1 overall credits in BOINC and at our current rate, it will take us 6 years just to get back to the #2 position and the #1 overall is out of reach. I just find it hard to jubilate over winning a battle while lossing the war. But that may just tbe me. Hu-rah team!
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

GalaxyIce

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It is hard to get gung-ho about those stats when you figure it will take almost 6 years to regain #2 overall when just over 2 years ago we had the #1 overall credits in BOINC and at our current rate, it will take us 6 years just to get back to the #2 position and the #1 overall is out of reach. I just find it hard to jubilate over winning a battle while lossing the war. But that may just tbe me. Hu-rah team!
    I wouldn't be too despondent Slicker. The team who dislodged you for second place were formed relatively quickly and are few in team members. They have their reasons for leaving their previous teams and could well decide to move on again. You may also find that there are those who will join you who would prefer to see SETI.USA at the top rather that a few who happen to have a lot of hardware and who are trying to prove what? SETI.USA is a good team. It has many people who are helpful and make crunching for a team fun, informative and fair. Getting to #2 or #1 is just a bonus to SETI.USA being the best BOINC team there is.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I don't feel the loss of #1 as much as some of you, I wasn't here when it happened. We may never win the war to be #1 again, but I can guarantee we won't win it if we don't win any battles along the way.

Gold Member

1. Forum messages aren't seen by the team as a whole.
    2. You are preaching to the choir here.
    3. Does total credit really equal number 1?

Personally I think the stats sites should list team rank by average rankings across all projects. Only head to head per project really counts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spingadus; 03-04-12 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12