Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Push, push, push! :-)

Past Admin

Re: Push, push, push! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    We would probably need all available ATI and CUDA to do it. (not to mention x86_64)
    True. But why not...

- We are not going anywhere in Collatz...Barely keeping in top 5
    - We are getting canned in DCNET...Currently there are 8 (!) teams doing more than 5 Mill per day....And we are not one of them!
    - We are #1 in MW...So far being outproduced by 3 team and MW does not favour CUDA...

Primegrid can:

- crunch on Ati
    - Crunch on CUDA
    - Crunch on CPU
    - Been stable for the last 2-3 years...

Heck..I got 1.4 MILL points overthere done on CPU....A guy with a pair of GTX 580 can do in 1 DAY what took me 12 months!!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    I have a proposal....For us to get back the fun...

How about we just go for #1 at PG???

It could be like olītimes...

We be the little goldfish....And SG is out in front doing 3.3 MILL per day more than us....(+ we have Sic. behind us charging up the ranks) Currently SG. has the lead with 31 Mill (give or take)

Could be fun?

Sounds like fun. If somebody could walk me through getting my Ati's to run it, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Sounds like fun. If somebody could walk me through getting my Ati's to run it, I'm in.
    Maxwell's thread --> http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/s...n-on-ATI-cards

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob View Post

Thanks for the link DrBob and thank you Maxwell for the original thread. I'll give it a try. I guess I should be asking this on the other thread but.... I'm here now. Do I enable crossfire or not?

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob View Post
    Doesn't work for everyone (like me, for instance).

Edit: Success! Required a deviation from the instructions. Details in that other forum.
    Last edited by zombie67; 12-01-10 at 09:05 PM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Teratoma

My understanding was that PPS Sieve could use CUDA natively (FERMIs require an app_info file). Which projects support ATI?

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teratoma View Post
    My understanding was that PPS Sieve could use CUDA natively (FERMIs require an app_info file). Which projects support ATI?
    Just the one project: PPS Sieve. ATI currently requires app_info. CUDA doesn't.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    True. But why not...

- We are not going anywhere in Collatz...Barely keeping in top 5
    - We are getting canned in DCNET...Currently there are 8 (!) teams doing more than 5 Mill per day....And we are not one of them!
    - We are #1 in MW...So far being outproduced by 3 team and MW does not favour CUDA...

Primegrid can:

- crunch on Ati
    - Crunch on CUDA
    - Crunch on CPU
    - Been stable for the last 2-3 years...

Heck..I got 1.4 MILL points overthere done on CPU....A guy with a pair of GTX 580 can do in 1 DAY what took me 12 months!!
    I didn't say I was against it, just saying that it's not going to be easy and that you're going to have to convince a lot of people. S.G is lighting it up and won't give it up willingly. About the time we get it, Sic will blow by. Actually, they're on a pace to blow by us in a month.

I guess we'll find out in this next challenge how obtainable it is. Let's see how we do when we've got serious help. If we can't beat S.G in this next challenge, we may need to look elsewhere, somewhere with no GPU option.
    6r39 7r199

Teratoma

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Just the one project: PPS Sieve. ATI currently requires app_info. CUDA doesn't.
    So the app_info examples I have seen reference an _atiamd.exe (or something like that) yet I see no where to d/l that app. I need to doublecheck my ATI boxes but am pretty sure they do not have that exe. I didn't think that specifying an exe in an app_info results in that app being downloaded, you need to have it already, right? The Nvidia box I am in front of doesn't have a cuda exe either. It's a laptop with a Quadro FX 880M...will PPS Sieve run on this card? Maybe I have been loooking in the wrong places, but the details on PG GPU crunching seem to be scarce.

Teratoma

So I guess I should have been looking here instead of PG (silly me).....

http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/s...n-on-ATI-cards

Thank you Max for that excellent post...eventhough I completely missed it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast