Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WCG: GPU tasks now in Beta

Diamond Member

WCG: GPU apps now in Beta

WCG is finally going GPU, both AMD and nVidia!

Read more about it here: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/fo...d_thread,32803

Work will remain sparse while in beta, and it may be a while before they deploy it for everyone. If you want to join the beta, don't be surprised if tasks fail and you get zero credits.

They are still deciding how to address the credits. Be prepared, I doubt they will be competitive with other GPU projects. Just like they aren't competitive with some high paying CPU projects.

Still, this is awesome news!
    Last edited by zombie67; 03-14-12 at 10:51 AM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

GalaxyIce

Re: WCG: GPU tasks now in Beta

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    WCG is finally going GPU, both AMD and nVidia!

<snip>

Still, this is awesome news!
    Definitely! I certainly like the sound of this

Silver Member

Hurray another GPU project! I just love options.

Friend of SETI.USA

Just noticed I've been getting some BETA GPU Wu's today, a lot of them end Inconclusive with no Credit though but some make it ... They run about 3-4 Min's on my 7970's

BETA_ X0000130861170201112120929_ 2-- PBOYZTOY15 Valid 3/16/12 17:46:36 3/16/12 17:48:57 0.02 193.6 / 193.6
    BETA_ X0000130860013201112120944_ 0-- PBOYZTOY15 Valid 3/16/12 17:44:55 3/16/12 17:47:16 0.02 193.6 / 193.6

Gold Member

I wonder if they will start giving new badges now?

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    I wonder if they will start giving new badges now?
    There's Guy's at the Project that have Thousands of Years of run time with the same Badges as everyone else, so unless it's a new Project I doubt there would be New Badges. There has been some talk in the Forums for quite awhile though of New Badges so who knows for sure ...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    There's Guy's at the Project that have Thousands of Years of run time with the same Badges as everyone else, so unless it's a new Project I doubt there would be New Badges. There has been some talk in the Forums for quite awhile though of New Badges so who knows for sure ...
    Yeah, pretty amazing dedication for those guys. I'm curious how they will eventually handle gpu credits/performance. It would be nice to get some decent credits at WCG. Btw, nice job on the sapphire badges. I see that you've only got 2 left. I'm still working on mine, slowly.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Btw, nice job on the sapphire badges. I see that you've only got 2 left. I'm still working on mine, slowly.
    Thanks, 4 actually, but I'm within a week of getting 2 of the 4 left and the 3'rd maybe 2 weeks or less, the other one hasn't had any work for awhile so I'll have to wait on that one until they release more if they never do. Getting the BETA GPU Wu's will help my BETA Badge though ...

Gold Member

Which begs another question. How will they count gpu work towards badges? I've already got my blue HCC badge, so I'm going to pass on the gpu work for now.

Diamond Member
    Badges are based on CPU run time, not credits. GPU tasks accrue very little CPU time. So GPU crunching will slow down your badge collecting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast