Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

Gold Member

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by kevin stephenson View Post
    ty folks for the welcome. so ive been letting projects run on my comp. its for SETI and its %79 complete. it has 1 hour left of work. does this work upload by itself? and how do i get work credits for it? and what are they used for?
    It will upload by itself and get you new work to work on too as long as you are connected to the internet. Once they receive your work unit they (their computers or whatnot, I don't know the details) will process it and allocate you credit for having done it. Credits are really just to know how much work you've done (especially compared to others who are working on the project). You don't trade them in for anything and they don't have any really value but it's always fun to see the numbers go up.

Platinum Member

I heard that they already split up the Martian surface and are allocating homesteds to people who can come up with a billion credits. Can't wait!

JK

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Gold Member

That Crazybob, he's so crazy!

Platinum Member

I picked out a spot right over that volcano!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

kevin stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    It will upload by itself and get you new work to work on too as long as you are connected to the internet. Once they receive your work unit they (their computers or whatnot, I don't know the details) will process it and allocate you credit for having done it. Credits are really just to know how much work you've done (especially compared to others who are working on the project). You don't trade them in for anything and they don't have any really value but it's always fun to see the numbers go up.
    okay, i wasnt sure what credits were. nevertheless, everything is running fine. i left boinx run in the back ground for the most part and normally do not notice it there now. i hope this is help for you guys. thinking about getting some new hardware for more memory.

and to you crazy nice one, lol. that would indeed be nice. but i would just settle for a maned exploration at this point. im sure it cant be too bad lol.

ty for help.

Silver Member

Welcome to the team!

Make sure to attach to FreeHAL and WuProp as they are non-cpu intensive and basically free credits.

kevin stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob's Son View Post
    Welcome to the team!

Make sure to attach to FreeHAL and WuProp as they are non-cpu intensive and basically free credits.
    yea bob i saw those 2 in the list. ill attach em. and ty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12