Thread: Brainfart

Platinum Member

Brainfart

Am I having a major one? Had a box with 2 GTX480's in it. The cards were overheating and I decided to take 1 out. The one I took out runs fine. The one I left in will run unattended in about 7.5 hours.(Very Slow.) When I display the file running in BOINC manager, it starts clicking of the minutes about 1 minute per second. When the screen goes blank, it starts it's slow computing thing. I've double checked every setting I can think of and haven't come up with the solution. I'm getting old, so does anyone have a clue?

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

Re: Brainfart

I think it is a driver issue. your best bet besides finding an unbroken driver is to completely disable Windows power saving features for the monitor/screen. And for the screensaver just select blank screen instead of any of the animated ones.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

I have it set to blank screen. Should I set it to no screen saver? Also, I have the original driver discs. Should I reload?

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    I have it set to blank screen. Should I set it to no screen saver? Also, I have the original driver discs. Should I reload?
    Sorry, I meant nVidia driver issue. Some of the more recent ones have a bug that causes the card to slow down, sleep or something to that effect when Windows puts the monitor to sleep.

Goto Control Panel > Power Options. In there look for "Turn of display after" xxx. Set it to Never. If I am right that should do the trick.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6