Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Greetings from AstroDad

Astrodad

Welcome Greetings from AstroDad

Hello fellow Crunchers,
    I'm Astrodad a retired military space and intel officer who operated airplanes and space vehicles. These days my nightly activities include astronomy (optical, broadband and narrowband) from my suburban home or from the observatory I built in Oklahoma. I have worked with SETI's Sr. Astronomer Seth S. for years and we stay in touch. One of the neatest things that ever happened was that I called him when he was at Hat Creek giving a tour and I was running my club's 16-inch scope in the observatory, watching a Jovian moon make a triple point contact....crazy.

One of my interestes here is to support anyone who has a point in space that they are interested in. I can go to mag 21 with my equipment. check out my website and the images.

www.astrodad.com

Advisor - Stateside Division

Re: Welcome Greetings from AstroDad

Sweet setup there. I've got an 8" Reflector though I must admit I haven't even used it this year at all. Always intended to put a motor on it and do some photography, but life/kids took over..

Past Administrator

Hello there and welcome. And btw, awesome setup. When I was a kid I used to peruse my Edmond Scientific catalog. Daydreaming of building my own 12" reflector telescope. But it never happened... Anyhoot, thanks for joining the group. Enjoy.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Welcome to the team!

Past Admin

Wow, nice pics. Welcome to the team..

TEX

Oh what a small world indeed.
    Just wanted to say HI !
    To a fellow TAS member

Regards to You!
    Jim H.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrodad View Post
    Hello fellow Crunchers,
    I'm Astrodad a retired military space and intel officer who operated airplanes and space vehicles. These days my nightly activities include astronomy (optical, broadband and narrowband) from my suburban home or from the observatory I built in Oklahoma. I have worked with SETI's Sr. Astronomer Seth S. for years and we stay in touch. One of the neatest things that ever happened was that I called him when he was at Hat Creek giving a tour and I was running my club's 16-inch scope in the observatory, watching a Jovian moon make a triple point contact....crazy.

One of my interestes here is to support anyone who has a point in space that they are interested in. I can go to mag 21 with my equipment. check out my website and the images.

www.astrodad.com

Gold Member

Welcome to the team and the boards. We have a telescope we should use more, our biggest excuse is that the stand alone is 50 lbs and whenever there is any rain it sinks in our yard pretty bad. Glad to have you here.

Silver Member

Wow that is just to cool, thank you so much for sharing. Never was able to afford one of those fancy telescopes but now i get to enjoy the pics through your site. Lots of neat stuff there and now i have your site on my favorite list. Welcome to the team

Astrodad

Excellent as Bill and Ted would say (imagine that accent). Soo...it appears this is an active place. This too is a good setup for success. Kinda tough to interaction without the "tion" part of interacting. (Interaction). Ok, so a "new guy" question. How do I set up an Avatar. I've got several images that are thumbnail size on my website so it's easy to code them into this forum?

Question does anyone do any data mining (vis a vis data analytics) on any of the data here....the size and properties are bang-o, slap daggit ripe for data mining.

cheers,
    max

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Astrodad View Post
    Excellent as Bill and Ted would say (imagine that accent). Soo...it appears this is an active place. This too is a good setup for success. Kinda tough to interaction without the "tion" part of interacting. (Interaction). Ok, so a "new guy" question. How do I set up an Avatar. I've got several images that are thumbnail size on my website so it's easy to code them into this forum?

Question does anyone do any data mining (vis a vis data analytics) on any of the data here....the size and properties are bang-o, slap daggit ripe for data mining.

cheers,
    max
    To edit your avatar just click on the settings link at the top right hand side of any forum page, On the settings page in the left had column look for edit avatar in the My Settings section.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

As to the data mining, other than the accepted search bots, nope, no data mining.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast