Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Zotac GT 430 PCI slot GPU info

Platinum Member

Re: Zotac GT 430 PCI slot GPU info

Your temps will increase noticeably when you add more cards. Best not to OC

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Gold Member

with the gpu running at 960mhz instead of 700mhz im only seeing 62*c max.
    when i get out of work today i will add fans to the second card and put that in and then monitor temps

i will say those 2 tiny fans have droped temps by 40*c over what it ran without being oc , if those fans werent on there with it being oc'ed im sure temps would be well above 115*c , i will keep an eye on it though though once the second card goes in , i will propally cut my cases side panel an add a second case fan as currently im running it with the side panel off the case

Gold Member

wow that card has more then dbled my daily credit before i put that card in i was about 45k a day , its only been half a day and ive already put up 76k , should be real nice once i get that second card up and running tongiht

Past Administrator

That is good news DC. Congrats.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    That is good news DC. Congrats.
    yup its doing pretty well , i just cant get bionic to use both cards at the same time for some reason , is there a setting i need to change?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    yup its doing pretty well , i just cant get bionic to use both cards at the same time for some reason , is there a setting i need to change?
    Yes. On some systems it will work automatically. On others, you must add this under Options in the CC_Config.xml file in the C:\programdata\BOINC\ directory:
    <use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>

Diamond Member

Also make sure that BOINC sees both cards. You can see this in the event log when boinc starts.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Also make sure that BOINC sees both cards. You can see this in the event log when boinc starts.

i got it working but using both cards at the same time results in a system hang everytime after about 5 mins of run time
    8712-dell-TC666-system-board.jpg
    see the heatsink nexto the cpu socket ,this was getting super hot so i added a fan hoping it would cure the system hang now the heatsink stays cool to the touch , but i still get the system hang after a few minutes
    i even tried disabling the onboard video , and sticking a geforce 6200 in the 3rdslot and using that so i wouldnt have to use the onboard or zotac cards for video

was hoping i could load these machines with the cards but looks like only 1 per machine will work properly or atleast be stable

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    i got it working but using both cards at the same time results in a system hang everytime after about 5 mins of run time
    8712-dell-TC666-system-board.jpg
    see the heatsink nexto the cpu socket ,this was getting super hot so i added a fan hoping it would cure the system hang now the heatsink stays cool to the touch , but i still get the system hang after a few minutes
    i even tried disabling the onboard video , and sticking a geforce 6200 in the 3rdslot and using that so i wouldnt have to use the onboard or zotac cards for video

was hoping i could load these machines with the cards but looks like only 1 per machine will work properly or atleast be stable
    I think part of the issue could be the PSU Dell spec'd for that system. Dell is notorious for under powering their systems. IMO the reason being is to induce the need for replacement parts (at highly inflated prices) sooner rather then later. Since the average Dell customer has the blue collar mentality of "Only Dealer Replacement Parts" thanks to decades of the Detroit Big 3 propaganda, most never look beyond Dell.

Anyhoot back on track. x2 GTX 430 could be enough of a power draw in your Dell to cause a slight voltage drop, which would result in system lockup.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    I think part of the issue could be the PSU Dell spec'd for that system. Dell is notorious for under powering their systems. IMO the reason being is to induce the need for replacement parts (at highly inflated prices) sooner rather then later. Since the average Dell customer has the blue collar mentality of "Only Dealer Replacement Parts" thanks to decades of the Detroit Big 3 propaganda, most never look beyond Dell.

Anyhoot back on track. x2 GTX 430 could be enough of a power draw in your Dell to cause a slight voltage drop, which would result in system lockup.
    it kind of sucks as i have a handfull of these machines and i was thinking the cards since they are so cheap would make these nice crunchers.
    i did check the psu's and they are infact tiny , im just going to gut the cases and go back with some cheap fx 6 or 8 core cpus in all 3 of the dells im using
    i have 3 of these dell machines that i actually use though one is currently just a media server for my xbox and tvs for streaming movies,so the upgrade will work out nice on the 2 i use for daily computer use

for anyone else using these cards a single small fan on the cards heatsink drastically increases how much ive been able to over clock the card, and the mini fans are very quiet

7.jpg

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast