Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the PPSieve WUs to run on ATI cards

Groundhog@SETI.USA

Re: Getting the PPSieve WUs to run on ATI cards

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Since I can't find it on short notice, can you point to the thread where you're discussing this? What error messages are you seeing?
    Here is the GPU thread.

When I try to run PG, I get "Unrecoverable error for result pps_xxx ( - exit code - 150 0xffff6a))"

When I try to run Collatz, I think the exit code was ( 1 ). Both error off with computation errors. I haven't tried any other projects. I wonder if the Sapphire brand card may have some differences that cause the errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog@SETI.USA View Post
    Here is the GPU thread.

When I try to run PG, I get "Unrecoverable error for result pps_xxx ( - exit code - 150 0xffff6a))"

When I try to run Collatz, I think the exit code was ( 1 ). Both error off with computation errors. I haven't tried any other projects. I wonder if the Sapphire brand card may have some differences that cause the errors.

All my cards are Sapphire... I have had no issues with them.

Groundhog@SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    All my cards are Sapphire... I have had no issues with them.
    I don't know then. I guess it's a problem with the drivers. I got the 10.10 and 10.11 from the ATI (AMD) site. I'm running Win 7 32bit. Oh well. I'd like to get this working before the PG challenge on the 18th.
    Last edited by Groundhog@SETI.USA; 12-08-10 at 10:06 PM.

Well I upgraded to CAT 10.11 and I am still getting errors. It looks like it is a WU issue only affecting ATI cards. See this PG post here:

http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=2867#28807

Past Administrator

Well I upgraded to CAT 10.11 and I am still getting errors. It looks like it is a WU issue only affecting ATI cards. See this PG post here:

Thanks for the link. So the real problem are broken wu's. Unfortunately the project managers do not wish to flush their cache instead insisting that crunchers muddle through the bad sh_t until everything gets processed by capable (read nVidia) cards.
    I would suggest just not running that project until they fix the problem.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

I followed Max's outline and all the problems I was having ended. After seeing all the problems I've restarted pg to see if it still works. I've been running it for 2 days now without any issue. I'm running 2 cards in one box. Asus HD 4870 and Sapphire 5870 using Vista Ultimate 64. The 4870 takes over 40 mins. to complete a wu and the 5870 takes about 18 mins. to finish. I'm at work now but will post my drivers and the xml file later today. I hope it helps.

Groundhog@SETI.USA

Well, I never have gotten PG working so I tried DNETC. That works ok. Maybe when the reported bad WUs flush out at PG I'll have better luck.
    Last edited by Groundhog@SETI.USA; 12-09-10 at 01:43 AM.

Diamond Member

You tried the APP versions of CAT? Just double checking...
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

OK. Maybe this will help someone else out there...

I just received a brand new 5770 and installed it.
    I was receiving error -150's on all my ATI GPU WU's.
    Code:
    <message>
     - exit code -150 (0xffffff6a)
    </message>
    <stderr_txt>
    Sieve started: 3259927000000000 <= p < 3259930000000000
    Thread 0 starting
    Detected 160 multiprocessors (800 SPUs) on device 0.
    Error: Building Program (clBuildProgram): Program build failure
    Catastrophic error: cannot open source file "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\OCLB.tmp.cl": not
              a regular file

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\OCLB.tmp.cl".
    Compilation terminated.

21:16:02 (3612): called boinc_finish
    Turns out the problem was permissions on the C:\Windows\Temp folder. By default, the system wasn't allowing the boinc_project user to write the temporary program into the folder to compile it for the GPU. At a Command prompt as an admin, I simply did a:
    Code:
    cacls C:\Windows\Temp /E /T /G boinc_project:F
    cacls C:\Windows\Temp /E /T /G boinc_master:F
    And the WU's are now running successfully.

This is on a Windows XP, 64 Bit system with Catalyst 10.10 with the OpenCL SDK installed. (Note: I also had to run the "Custom" Install rather than "Express," even though I downloaded the full package with the OpenCL components. "Express" chose not to install them.)

Those permissions are a little loose, but in the temp folder, that shouldn't be much of a risk.

Groundhog@SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    OK. Maybe this will help someone else out there...

I just received a brand new 5770 and installed it.
    I was receiving error -150's on all my ATI GPU WU's.
    Code:
    <message>
     - exit code -150 (0xffffff6a)
    </message>
    <stderr_txt>
    Sieve started: 3259927000000000 <= p < 3259930000000000
    Thread 0 starting
    Detected 160 multiprocessors (800 SPUs) on device 0.
    Error: Building Program (clBuildProgram): Program build failure
    Catastrophic error: cannot open source file "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\OCLB.tmp.cl": not
              a regular file

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\OCLB.tmp.cl".
    Compilation terminated.

21:16:02 (3612): called boinc_finish
    Turns out the problem was permissions on the C:\Windows\Temp folder. By default, the system wasn't allowing the boinc_project user to write the temporary program into the folder to compile it for the GPU. At a Command prompt as an admin, I simply did a:
    Code:
    cacls C:\Windows\Temp /E /T /G boinc_project:F
    cacls C:\Windows\Temp /E /T /G boinc_master:F
    And the WU's are now running successfully.

This is on a Windows XP, 64 Bit system with Catalyst 10.10 with the OpenCL SDK installed. (Note: I also had to run the "Custom" Install rather than "Express," even though I downloaded the full package with the OpenCL components. "Express" chose not to install them.)

Those permissions are a little loose, but in the temp folder, that shouldn't be much of a risk.
    Wow, that may be just what I've been looking for. I'm running Win 7 32bit. I get the same exit - 150 but not the detail about what file and directory is the problem. How do you open a "CMD" window as admin? I get a message "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done."

The Boinc message says "[sched_op_debug] Reason: Unrecoverable error for result pps_sr2sieve_5106245_2 (exit code - 150 (0xffffff6a))"

Perhaps you could find out what is needed for Collatz also. I suspect the same kind of problem.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Groundhog@SETI.USA; 12-11-10 at 03:03 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast