Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your computer today?

GregK

What have you done to your computer today?

We have a thread like this in arkansas crawlers reffering to 4x4's so why not computers!

this morning my video went out after a few restarts no difference took out the video card and the fan was clogged with dust i dont know if it was heat or just reseating it that fixed it. back up and crunching dirt.

Past Admin

Re: What have you done to your computer today?

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    We have a thread like this in arkansas crawlers reffering to 4x4's so why not computers!

this morning my video went out after a few restarts no difference took out the video card and the fan was clogged with dust i dont know if it was heat or just reseating it that fixed it. back up and crunching dirt.
    I have two boxes down. One my niece got a virus and needs a complete os install. ( I'll get to that this weekend. The other may be a PSU. I'll have some time
    this weekend to get everything back up, I hope.

Past Administrator

I completely redid Cheetah, moved it to the big tower (Thor V2 case) with the BFG 1KW PSU in preperation for an upgrade. Then yanked the SSD out of Puma to send Al for a new Hydra rig, and reinstalled the OS, all the updates and stuff. It was a loooong night - or should I say early morning?

Past Administrator

For me? In the last few weeks..... absolutely nothing. Which is weird for me as tinkering is a hobby for me.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    For me? In the last few weeks..... absolutely nothing. Which is weird for me as tinkering is a hobby for me.
    I think you're just saving it up for that mobo project I'm going to send you!

Gold Member

I ran Gentoo updates on 4 computers yesterday. I hate the ones that come with video driver updates. I used my Dell to coordinate three of them and then updated it last. It takes a while to update a Gentoo system, but it goes faster when you can share the compiling between 3 or more PC's.

Other than that, I replaced the PSU in my Dell with a better one I had lying around.
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I ran Gentoo updates on 4 computers yesterday. I hate the ones that come with video driver updates. I used my Dell to coordinate three of them and then updated it last. It takes a while to update a Gentoo system, but it goes faster when you can share the compiling between 3 or more PC's.

Other than that, I replaced the PSU in my Dell with a better one I had lying around.
    Cool. This one may have to try when I'm ready to install it on my laptop.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Lost a GTX 465 that was running in SLI mode on my I7. Went through all the troubleshooting with Evga and finally have an RMA for the card. Lifetime warranties are great! Installed a GTX 460 just to be able to crunch 2 wu's of GPU Grid at once. Hope the turn around time isn't too long.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Gold Member

Rebooted the half of the farm that isn't on the UPS as the power went out Friday evening and I was gone for the weekend. Thankfully, it wasn't down long enough to drain the UPS so the Collatz project kept running minus any Comcast outage that may have occurred.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

GregK

took off the side panel to keep er cool for simap.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast