Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your computer today?

GregK

Re: What have you done to your computer today?

so can i! lol

Administrator

Replaced a cmos battery and reset the bios in my Arcade Legends Arcade. While I was in there I was looking to see if it could crunch.......this crunching thing is obviously a sickness isn't it? My wife is now happy! Arcade legends works and so do the circa 1980's Centipede, Galaga and Tron. Now if I could only get the Black Hole pinball working I'd be in like Flynn.

Past Administrator

Nothing today. Two weeks ago or so I upgraded my Uncle's system with the PSU he ordered. One Rosewill 630W unit. And then a few days later went to Micro Center for his OCZ Agility 4 128GB SSD. 1st one I've ever had the chance to play with. Now, I MUST have one!!! That thing is smoking fast! His Boot time, Power on to desktop with all his "stuff" loaded, dropped from 3.5+ minutes to a shade over 45 seconds.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Advisor - Stateside Division

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    Replaced a cmos battery and reset the bios in my Arcade Legends Arcade. While I was in there I was looking to see if it could crunch.......this crunching thing is obviously a sickness isn't it? My wife is now happy! Arcade legends works and so do the circa 1980's Centipede, Galaga and Tron. Now if I could only get the Black Hole pinball working I'd be in like Flynn.
    Is it running MAME ? Love old style arcade games.. was heavily into MAME for a long time, even helping out with it in the VERY early days - ~'95, think my name is on the whatsnew.txt for mame 14 or something like that for a quick fix to BombJack

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Is it running MAME ? Love old style arcade games.. was heavily into MAME for a long time, even helping out with it in the VERY early days - ~'95, think my name is on the whatsnew.txt for mame 14 or something like that for a quick fix to BombJack
    It emulates the old games, but I don't believe the Arcade Legends uses MAME. They use an OS/emulator called Joshua. Maybe that's the same thing. I like it, but I prefer the older, 1980s, versions...though they can be a pain to keep running. Actually, I've been pretty lucky, most of my games now have modern power supplies and I have working backup pcbs. If you get to Chapel Hill (that goes for any team member) give me a heads up and I'll fire up the games and have a cold beer ready.

Diamond Member

I played Age of Empires II and won, Sun Tzu was a good teacher.

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

GregK

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    ohh i love classic gaming i used to collect old consoles,games but lately just bought the new atari that wallmart sells. been playing "adventure"! and "adventure 2" too cool too bad no pac man.

to stay on topic yesterday with everyones help my second 460 is finally crunching.

Silver Member

Today is upgrade day here! Time to move out the old first gen i5 processor and install the new i7-3930k. A nice compliment to the recent addition of a Radeon 7950. Should make that 10m milestone happen before the weekend and the 50m happen in the very near future

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by litehouse43 View Post
    Today is upgrade day here! Time to move out the old first gen i5 processor and install the new i7-3930k. A nice compliment to the recent addition of a Radeon 7950. Should make that 10m milestone happen before the weekend and the 50m happen in the very near future
    SWEET!!!

Gold Member

Well, it was actually yesterday, but I got the wireless working on my newly reborn server (I may need to rename it Phoenix). I moved it to the living room to be a media server/boinc client/living room space heater.

So, I've had two different AMD boards in that case. Hopefully, the 3rd time's the charm with this Intel board.
    6r39 7r199

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast