Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Advisor - Stateside Division

Diablo III

Anyone else tried it? I've been waiting patiently for years for this game.

Not much of a gamer otherwise except for classic arcade games, but I loved Diablo II back in the day and this is awesome too. Played a couple of hours as it was only opened up at 3am EST last night, pity I have to work today

Silver Member

Re: Diablo III

Installing it now.. yeah been waiting for generations, had a computer arcade/internet store (Battlegrounds) with 12 computers back in the day with ID and Blizzard games was awesome and had lots of fun until the big fight over licensing issues. But yeah diablo series was a big money maker and i had folks living at the store lol.. Anyhow im looking forward to it and i hope it keeps some old style of play at heart but we will see..

Silver Member

Teetering on the edge of whether or not I should purchase this game....

Loved Diablo II back in the day. Guys from the counter-strike clan and I used teamspeak to talk in game rather than typing and then just rushed each other's new characters up to high levels, donated items, etc. I prolly could have sold all the items on my character if I didn't let them expire.

Silver Member

Well I got to play a little bit till servers crashed again.. atm they seem to be having server issues so no reason to jump in yet... Was expecting much better graphics but i didnt even get to go past the intro but the feel so far is allot like the old diablo 2. although havent had a chance to do allot of fighting was reading more on the quest and such at the first village until the server went boom... go figure lol..

I got a good way through the first act I think, perhaps almost to the skeleton king which I think is the end of that part. It's got very much the feel of Diablo II (which is good) with a lot of the quirky bugs and gripes taken out, easy to get used to the controls given the gameplay. And I like the graphics, so glad to be able to play in 1920x1080..

All in all - very good so far..

I kind of expected the servers to have trouble first few days, I think the demand is extremely high!!

Past Administrator

What is this Diablo thing everyone on the net is talking about.......?

Never got into that game, Though I may give it a look see.

Edit: ---> http://www.slashgear.com/diablo-iii-...demo-14228103/
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 05-15-12 at 09:19 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

RadCazz

Played with my nephew and his friends for several hours yesterday. Gotta love the new Barabarian class - it fits my play style. After many tries, we defeated the Skeleton King. Whew! It wasn't easy. Didn't have any server isuues - we played 6-10 PM, Eastern. My Battle.net username is RadCazz; Barbarian name is Wulfgar.

I do have one question:

(1) When I first went to play Diablo III, I received a message telling me that I should update my NVIDIA display driver. So, I went to NVIDIA website and received a message that I should go to my laptop's maufacturer website to download the driver instead. I downloaded the NVIDIA VGA display driver (Apr 2012) from the Acer website. When I run the setup.exe file, I keep getting a "Hardware not found" error. In a nutshell, I can't update my driver. Anyone have a fix for this?

(2) I have an Acer Aspire 5745G laptop with an NVIDIA Ge Force GT 330M graphics card with Windows Professional OS.

I couldn't get on to the server last night, I know they were having issues, probably a good thing as I needed the sleep

I had the same message, but I just downloaded the latest driver file direct from nvidia and it installed ok. I think I would just download from there, it sounds like you've got the wrong setup somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by RadCazz View Post
    Played with my nephew and his friends for several hours yesterday. Gotta love the new Barabarian class - it fits my play style. After many tries, we defeated the Skeleton King. Whew! It wasn't easy. Didn't have any server isuues - we played 6-10 PM, Eastern. My Battle.net username is RadCazz; Barbarian name is Wulfgar.

I do have one question:

(1) When I first went to play Diablo III, I received a message telling me that I should update my NVIDIA display driver. So, I went to NVIDIA website and received a message that I should go to my laptop's maufacturer website to download the driver instead. I downloaded the NVIDIA VGA display driver (Apr 2012) from the Acer website. When I run the setup.exe file, I keep getting a "Hardware not found" error. In a nutshell, I can't update my driver. Anyone have a fix for this?

(2) I have an Acer Aspire 5745G laptop with an NVIDIA Ge Force GT 330M graphics card with Windows Professional OS.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I couldn't get on to the server last night, I know they were having issues, probably a good thing as I needed the sleep
    http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/05/16
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Lol i'm still playing Final Fantasy XI which came out exactly 10 years ago today (huge celebration in-game).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast