Thread: Rioja: Looks like they fixed the cross platform validation

Diamond Member

Rioja: Looks like they fixed the cross platform validation

After a week or two being down, they are now issuing work again. This project require a quorum of 2. Prior to the down time, there was an issue that non-windows tasks would not validate if the wingman was a windows machine. So all the macs and linux machines usually got "invalid", AKA screwed. Now, it appears that they implemented HR. I let one of my macs get some work, and all the wingmen are other macs. So if they did implement HR as it appears, then it is safe for macs and linux machines to go back in the water.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Re: Rioja: Looks like they fixed the cross platform validation

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    After a week or two being down, they are now issuing work again. This project require a quorum of 2. Prior to the down time, there was an issue that non-windows tasks would not validate if the wingman was a windows machine. So all the macs and linux machines usually got "invalid", AKA screwed. Now, it appears that they implemented HR. I let one of my macs get some work, and all the wingmen are other macs. So if they did implement HR as it appears, then it is safe for macs and linux machines to go back in the water.
    Great! This saves me from having to run Wine. I haven't got CUDA to work in Wine, yet. I was just about to switch over anyway until I came to the board this morning. Seems to be working so far.
    6r39 7r199