Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot seem to get GPU tasks for Einstein

Re: Cannot seem to get GPU tasks for Einstein

Thanks team for this discussion, it helped me solve my own NVIDIA gpu problems.

However, none of my ATI cards are responding to Einstein workunits. Guess I have more work to do!
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by rgathright View Post

However, none of my ATI cards are responding to Einstein workunits. Guess I have more work to do!
    To get Ati-work you'll need to run BOINC-client v7.0.27 or later, so I'll recommend to try v7.0.28 that is the current test-client.

Diamond Member

Mine either and I am running 7.0.28.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    I'm running 12.3 ccc, 7.0.28 on a single 6950 and I'm getting all the wus I can handle. Running 2 wus at a time. Very strange that others, running similar configurations can't get work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Hmm, according to your host-info you're running driver v1.4.1664, now to find-out that this equals as Catalyst-version is difficult to find out to say the least...

... but, going by a win7-computer, this seems to be around 851.4, now this again isn't very informative, but this seems to be around Catalyst v11.5 - 11.6.

So, assuming haven't mixed-up the Catalyst-version, Einstein@home demands catalyst v12.x and not earlier versions.

The system-requirements is detailed in the 1st. post in the thread linked from the homepage, http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/forum_thread.php?id=9445 and it says
    Minimum Requirements:

• Windows or Linux

• BOINC Client 7.0.27 (download)
    • ATI GPU or APU (OpenCL 1.1 compliant, equivalent to Radeon HD 5xxx)
    • 512 MB video memory
    • Catalyst Driver 12.x (don't install the APP SDK!)
    AFAIK it doesn't matter if you've separately downloaded and installed the app sdk, but during installation of catalyst-drivers you do need to install the part (mis)-labeled as "sdk" or something, to get the OpenCL-support Einstein@home demands...
    Last edited by Rattledagger; 06-19-12 at 12:12 PM.

Diamond Member

Well I have 2 computers running one is very ancient and has no usable GPU. This one I don't expect to run Einstein OPENCL. In fact this computer is not running the project at this moment.

The other runs POEM that has almost the same configuration. | have windows xp 64 with 7.0.28 Boinc version and 6.14.10.7256 catalyst 12.3. This one runs OpenCL for POEM why shouldn't it run for Einstein?

I understand the instructions of Einstein page, except for don't install app sdk. I made the basic instalation and don't know how to see if app sdk is installed or not. That is the only difficulty for me. All other conditions seem to be completly fullfill. Maybe the sdk is the problem, I don't know.

I am for this moment running POEM and Moo. So I am not very worried or in need to run Einstein at this moment. I was only saying that I have the same problem but I am very very very slow at GPU configurations. I have just started and don't know nothing about it. It was a big victory to put POEM running on my computer.

Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Exclamation Re: Cannot seem to get GPU tasks for Einstein

The link below shows the error that the computer SSFORCEUNIT2 encounters while trying to run ATI GPU workunits.

http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu//host_sched_logs/5460/5460150

Computer:
    http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/show_ho...hostid=5460150

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850

Any ideas team?
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Platinum Member

The link below shows the error that the computer SSFORCEUNIT2 encounters while trying to run ATI GPU workunits.

http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu//host_sched_logs/5460/5460150

Computer:
    http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/show_ho...hostid=5460150

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850

Any ideas team?
    Code:
    2012-06-19 18:17:45.3433 [PID=29940]    [version] parsed project prefs setting 'gpu_util_brp' : true : 1.000000
    2012-06-19 18:17:45.3434 [PID=29940]    [version] OpenCL device version required min: 101, supplied: 100
    Looks like this may be the culprit. Requires a newer version of OpenCL support than is available in the card(?) So this is implying 4XXX cards may not be supported? Looks like OpenCL 1.1 wasn't supported until the 5xxx series cards?

Silver Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850
    Too old GPU...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattledagger View Post
    Too old GPU...
    You have to have a 5xxx card or above. I have 3-4850s in one rig that are all useless on Einstein.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast