Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Louisiana

Re: Hello from Louisiana

Thanks again for all of the welcomes and kind words. Glad to be here!

Since I can't post in any other section of the forum yet, I wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. I've currently got SETI and Collatz attached on my computer. It seems that Collatz keeps "taking over" and prevents the SETI WU's from running. Is there any way to set priorities as to which can run or for how long?

2. I've got CPUID running to check the temperatures. Without BOINC running, it stays at or just below 100 degrees F. With BOINC running, it's at about 145 or so. What are considered to be "safe" upper level temps? I'm guessing that it's a bit higher than 145, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks everyone!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bonnjer View Post
    Thanks again for all of the welcomes and kind words. Glad to be here!

Since I can't post in any other section of the forum yet, I wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. I've currently got SETI and Collatz attached on my computer. It seems that Collatz keeps "taking over" and prevents the SETI WU's from running. Is there any way to set priorities as to which can run or for how long?

2. I've got CPUID running to check the temperatures. Without BOINC running, it stays at or just below 100 degrees F. With BOINC running, it's at about 145 or so. What are considered to be "safe" upper level temps? I'm guessing that it's a bit higher than 145, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks everyone!
    The max. CPU temp depends on the make and model. Most can handle 85C~90C (185F~194F) at least for short periods. So your 145F (62.7C) is well within the "safe" range.

And before I forget, welcome to the forums and thanks for making the effort.

Peace.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Thanks Firestorm!

I'm wondering why my Einstein and WCG results aren't showing up in my Free-DC stats?

Diamond Member

Welcome and good luck on your search about boinc. Usually Boinc Manager have the control on how much time every project runs but you can change it on Tools > Computation Preferences at the top of the Boinc Manager advanced view. There are other ways also but you will learn reading the Forum and the project threads.

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Thanks Firestorm!

I'm wondering why my Einstein and WCG results aren't showing up in my Free-DC stats?
    Sorry I didn't see this post. OK the reason is that you have a split CPID (Cross Project Identifier). This is usually caused by using/changing your email address in one of your project accounts. It can also happen from an error on a project.

Looking at your Free-DC stats data
    CPID: 40428f35f3283d4da7a5588dd98ac802 - This one has Collatz, Rosetta & SETI@Home associated with it.

CPID: 95f90fa346f3b179301af6f0d012ed3f - This one has Einstein & WCG associated with it.

Your CPID can usually be fixed by first checking each of your project accounts and verify that they all use the same email account. Note that BOINC will always replace old CPIDs with the most recently generated one. So if you know which project account has the most recently changed email info, use this info on the other accounts. Next, you will need to run a few wu's from ALL the projects you have accounts with, on one computer (assuming you may have more then one). It may take days or weeks for BOINC to sort things out so be patient.

Peace,
    F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Thanks again Firestorm.

Anybody know if Collatz is sending out WUs at this time? I haven't gotten any new ones for the last few days. When I try to update manually, the communication is deferred.

Gold Member

Thanks again Firestorm.

Anybody know if Collatz is sending out WUs at this time? I haven't gotten any new ones for the last few days. When I try to update manually, the communication is deferred.
    Yes: http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/server_status.php

If you attempt to update too often, it will defer. Using a longer timeout keeps the traffic down when people have GPUs with screwed up drivers etc. which can trash 20,000 WUs a day otherwise. (BOINC doesn't shut them down for errors quick enough if you ask me....)

Anyway, enable sched_op_debug in your cc_config.xml file and report back how many seconds of work it is asking for and what the reason for not getting work is. If it is asking for 0 seconds, that's a BOINC problem. Or, as the BOINC developers would have you think, a BOINC feature. You can try detaching and then re-attaching. Either way, the event log should give more info.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Ha, well look at that. A simple detach/reattach worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion Slicker!

Ha, well look at that. A simple detach/reattach worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion Slicker!
    Hello there Jeremy! I am in Lake Charles. Glad to see another cajun on the team!

Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12