Thread: So is our history lost

So is our history lost

I've been away for a while and I'm sure it's posted somewhere but WTF happened. I'm cool with change but are all of our posts, stats, messages and everything else gone? I would have like to have filtered some of that out before it disappeared. Somebody fill me in so I don't have to search for it. Thanks

Platinum Member

Re: So is our history lost

You'll have to ask Hankey and/or Tera. The database for the old forums is backed up somewhere, and will eventually be archived where we can access but not edit (IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    You'll have to ask Hankey and/or Tera. The database for the old forums is backed up somewhere, and will eventually be archived where we can access but not edit (IIRC).

That was the intended plan... we don't yet have a copy of the DB yet, but I don't think it is deleted and gone yet. BJ would know for sure.

Silver Member

I thought we were going to still have access to it but under a non-registered name for a bit longer?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NJCaNS View Post
    I thought we were going to still have access to it but under a non-registered name for a bit longer?
    IIRC Bok posted something along those lines on his server. That would be really cool. Maybe we could drum up some funds for a dedicated HDD for that purpose. Just a thought.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Advisor - Stateside Division

Forum takes up very little space really in the grand scheme of things. I've got plenty available

As soon as the backup of the old forum is made available, I'm happy to install it here however you all want it.

Bok

Platinum Member

Thanks BOK!

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!