Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BOINC GPU Compatibility List

Past Administrator

Re: BOINC GPU Compatibility List

Quote Originally Posted by Teratoma View Post
    I do not see DNETC@Home listed as a GPU capable project.

Also, I have a couple of Quadro FX 140M cards and I have only gotten them to crunch DNETC very early on and then something changed and and they no longer pulled any work. So, I am not sure they (or the 130/135Ms) belong on the list.
    Thanks for heads up on D@H.
    As to the FX cards I think it has to do with their Compute Capability of 1.1 and their on-board memory. Take a look at wikipedia's CUDA and Quadro pages along with nVidia's CUDA GPUS page. Those FX cards are of the same GPU series as the 8400M which is based on the Geforce 8xxx. Note that CUDA apps on the GeForce series requires 256MB of on-board memory but most mobile graphics use shared system memory which may be the problem.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Just Tweeted this article...

Past Administrator

Google Doc and Graphic have been updated to include ATI HD 5770. Thank you Mumps for the tip.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Another update. Added HD 5550.
    Thanks to Zytozux for this one.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

DistrRTgen has a nvidia app now:
    http://boinc.freerainbowtables.com/distrrtgen/

Past Administrator

also, the ATI 6990, 6970, and 6950 could be added to the gpu table list.

Platinum Member

And the graphic seems to have died...

Past Administrator

Update:

I am in the process of updating stuff to include the latest HD cards but I wanted to post this first. According to AMD's ATI Stream SDK w/OpenCL web documentation page System Requirements & Driver Compatibility, only the HD 54xx series and up are fully supported in version 2.3 of the SDK. On that same page is a comment regarding products produced before the 5xxx series.

Quote:
    The SDK may work on configurations that fall outside the list below. However, if your operating system, compiler, card, processor or driver is not listed below, we recommend that you modify your configuration to a supported configuration for the best possible ATI Stream programming experience.
    This suggests that AMD Corp. will stop supporting older products altogether and probably sooner rather than later. More so if AMD decides to integrate OpenCL into all of its video drivers.
    IMHO with the recent lackluster performance of AMD HD cards running OpenCL when compared to similar cards from nVidia, it is apparent to me that (I thought I would never say this) nVidia products are becoming a better alternative for crunchers as more and more BOINC projects switch to OpenCL apps. And if nVidia can learn to curb their future cards appetite for P = E x I, than nVidia might be able to bury AMD in the GPU Parallel Processing segment (i.e. Us crunchers).

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Update:

I am in the process of updating stuff to include the latest HD cards but I wanted to post this first. According to AMD's ATI Stream SDK w/OpenCL web documentation page System Requirements & Driver Compatibility, only the HD 54xx series and up are fully supported in version 2.3 of the SDK. On that same page is a comment regarding products produced before the 5xxx series.

Quote:

This suggests that AMD Corp. will stop supporting older products altogether and probably sooner rather than later. More so if AMD decides to integrate OpenCL into all of its video drivers.
    IMHO with the recent lackluster performance of AMD HD cards running OpenCL when compared to similar cards from nVidia, it is apparent to me that (I thought I would never say this) nVidia products are becoming a better alternative for crunchers as more and more BOINC projects switch to OpenCL apps. And if nVidia can learn to curb their future cards appetite for P = E x I, than nVidia might be able to bury AMD in the GPU Parallel Processing segment (i.e. Us crunchers).
    Gawd, this is like having kids again... instead of outgrowing shoes we're going to have to replace GPU's every 6 months.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Update:
    Finished updating Document and graphics.
    @Tank_Master: TY for the reminder I also added to the Mobility series of GPU's.

@Maxwell: I hadn't noticed so thanks Apparently I violated some term of use when I modified ImageShack's thumbnail URL for that graphic so they deleted the image. J-As'. I created my own thumbnail for the new graphic and put it on their site for them to host.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast