Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Windows 7 Home 64-Bit Installation Disc

Silver Member

Re: Need Windows 7 Home 64-Bit Installation Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    I was trying to install Windows 7 on my computer and with those indications all I got was confused. Is there any link for a trial of windows 7?
    For a 90-day trial of the Enterprise-version of win7, goto http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/e.../cc442495.aspx

You must login with your live-id, and possibly answer a few questions. If so, remember to not choose "home" or "personal computer" or something similar as an answer.

Past Administrator

All versions of Win7 have a built-in 120 day trail period, although M$ makes it look like only 30 days.

There is a legitimate way to use the extra 90 days (30 day initial + 90 days extended), see Windows 7 - Activation Trial Period - Extend Up to 120 Days.

There is another site that states you can get a full year of trial time but I do not know if this is by M$ design, see Extend Windows 7 Trial Period Up To One Year.

The 120 day trail should be sufficient for most people.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    All versions of Win7 have a built-in 120 day trail period, although M$ makes it look like only 30 days.
    Hmm, seeing the Enterprise-version has only 10 days before must be activated, and the "rearm-trick" is to extend the pre-activation for 3 extra times, not sure how you'll managing to get 120 days out of this...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rattledagger View Post
    Hmm, seeing the Enterprise-version has only 10 days before must be activated, and the "rearm-trick" is to extend the pre-activation for 3 extra times, not sure how you'll managing to get 120 days out of this...
    30 days initial trail period + (3 x 30 day trials [extended]) = 120 days total. This works with any retail/OEM Windows 7 install. Maybe the MSN has been reworked to exclude this. But there are dozens of valid torrents of Win7 installer ISOs so why bother with an MSN version...?

I now this works because I have used it quite a few times, with Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate & Corporate editions.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

It was a very good fight and is over, I am sorry. I was out for 48 hours or so but I won. It is installed and running as the GPU, BOINC, and POEM is fiinnaly running 4 tasks. One thing that is puzzling me is that MSI Afterburner didn't work on WIN 7, I have lost complete control and monotorization of the GPU and CPU. Any help about this?

Fighting DUKE

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hehehehehe...........
    Ended up extracting the files to a thumb drive. I set the boot option to the removable media, but it didn't start automatically. Good news with Win7 is you can start it from the windows environment which I did. Went through the entire install and then asked for key code. Typed it in and it said it wasn't valid for this version. I kinda caught out of the corner of my eye that it had an OEM code on the screen, which was not the code I had typed, so I retyped my key code and hit submit again and walla, I'm activated. Thanks for all the help. Now i'm trying to figure out why there's a wirless network with his name on it running from his house where he doesn't have internet? It's password protected and he doesn't know the password. Why does everything need to be so hard.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    Ended up extracting the files to a thumb drive. I set the boot option to the removable media, but it didn't start automatically. Good news with Win7 is you can start it from the windows environment which I did. Went through the entire install and then asked for key code. Typed it in and it said it wasn't valid for this version. I kinda caught out of the corner of my eye that it had an OEM code on the screen, which was not the code I had typed, so I retyped my key code and hit submit again and walla, I'm activated. Thanks for all the help. Now i'm trying to figure out why there's a wirless network with his name on it running from his house where he doesn't have internet? It's password protected and he doesn't know the password. Why does everything need to be so hard.
    Great, glad it worked out.

If he is using a router/switch for his home network switch then it probably has built-in WiFi. First get the user manual for the unit. If he does not have one you can DL it from the manufacture's website.In the manual look for the factory default user ID & password. Next you will need find the reset button on the back, then press and hold it for 5~10 seconds before releasing it. This will reset the unit to factory defaults then you can log in and disable WiFi if he doesn't use it.

Good Luck.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

I have a message that I have only one day for using win7. So it is counting only 30 days, shouldn't be 90 days? What can I do to have more 30 days?

Duke in panic.

Past Administrator

Trilogy 2.8 will do the trick.
    Trilogy 2.8 - The Official Windows 7, Office 2010 VL and Adobe CS5 AIO Solution.zip

1) Unzip to its own folder and double-click the Trilogy 2.8.cmd file.
    2) In the command window that appears, Press the "A" key for IR5 then Enter key.
    3) Press the "E" key then Enter for instructions. Read them carefully.
    4) When you are ready to install press the "A" key then Enter.

If you have any problems let me know.

Note: It is illegal to use this program after the full 120 trial period has completed.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Thanks F$, I will try my best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast