• (1) #1BOINC Overall, (2) #1@SETI

14 60.87%
  • NO (Must reply with preferred goal)

4 17.39%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Poll: Team Objective

Re: Poll: Team Objective

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    DrPop had brought up a topic about emailing people. From what I saw, three of us pretty much volunteered to take on that task despite the issues. The resolve, nothing as far as I’ve seen… I know that I’m not exactly in-the-know but it would be nice to know if someone was picked to take this on, if not, then what I have to say to the administration here is if you are going to be in command… then command!
    I was planning to work on this last weekend, but I didn't get to it (researching our new bulk email capabilities). But we have in the recent past emailed challenge info, newsletters etc to the entire email list. So we do communicate with the largest possible list of team members. There are 15k email addresses in the list and about 12k that have not opted out (so far) after being emailed. We get anywhere from 10-100 opt out requests or bounces from each mailing.

The email list has always been a sensitive topic and restricted to the admins, and the team has to also be wary about becoming annoying (spam) with their email communications. We are due for an email blast soon to promote the final PG challenge.

I love your passion and willingness to help both publicly and privately, please don't hesitate to raise questions you or the rest of the team want answered, we will do our best to be responsive but sometimes we miss things.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    ... The email list has always been a sensitive topic and restricted to the admins, and the team has to also be wary about becoming annoying (spam) with their email communications. We are due for an email blast soon to promote the final PG challenge.

I love your passion and willingness to help both publicly and privately, please don't hesitate to raise questions you or the rest of the team want answered, we will do our best to be responsive but sometimes we miss things.
    I apologize to you Mr. Hankey and to Teratoma for my implication in my post, I was rather insolent. I do understand that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that I don't see; I must admit that I get frustrated at times and that frustration came out in my post.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Update:

I tried a couple of test messages... there are some server side configuration issues that need to be worked out as the tests were unsuccessful. I will try and work through those and post an update once things are either working or have failed irrecoverably.

Past Administrator

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing to get the "back office" up and running again for the team! This is also the daily bump I will give this poll so that, as DrBob pointed out, folks coming in to check this board once every week or so, will see it.

Past Administrator

The usual courtesy "bump" so any stragglers see the poll...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234