Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Ya'll from Boston (I speak Southern)

Ysmene

Hi Ya'll from Boston (I speak Southern)

I'm fairly new to crunching. Did some folding@home and did some Seti when the software was new and one WU took 4 or 5 days to crunch. (Oh the pain...) The whole BOINC is all new to me now and I've obviously got a lot to learn.

I'm a 46 year old retired accountant. (Not the evil Wall Street kind so no abuse please. Thanks! It stinks that I now no longer have any pride in my profession.) But... I do have an AMD Athlon II Quad Core so now all my processors are belong to us.

Ysmene is obviously a screen name but most everybody who knows me calls me Yaz for short. And no, I have nothing to do with that stupid birth control pill. I've been on the net for years with that nickname. I swear that stupid pharmaceutical company stole my name. Too bad I can't sue them for copyright infringement.

Well, I hope to meet ya'll on the forum. Stay cool... and remember there's no such thing as Climate Change.

Past Admin

Re: Hi Ya'll from Boston (I speak Southern)

Welcome to the team!!! Accountants are ok in my book. I never let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch. Let's see Yaz from Boston, I'm going to reach here and say it's short for Yastrzemski. Carl Yastrzemski. I'm from New York so you and I are going to have some fun. Glad you joined us and if you have any questions, just ask.

Diamond Member

Welcome!

Tips for Northerners moving South: #4. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #8. Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #17. If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Ysmene

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Welcome to the team!!! Accountants are ok in my book. I never let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch. Let's see Yaz from Boston, I'm going to reach here and say it's short for Yastrzemski. Carl Yastrzemski. I'm from New York so you and I are going to have some fun. Glad you joined us and if you have any questions, just ask.
    Hey Mike,
    Carl Yastrzemski! I can't believe you got that. Hardly anyone ever does. Yaz was one of my favorite players way back when. I also had a bit of a crush on Fred Lynn. New York, huh? Well, I don't hate the Yankees like I used to since we broke the curse. The Red Sox seem to have found a new curse this year though. Don't you dare tease me about them this year. They really stink.

Thanks for the welcome!

Diamond Member

Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Ysmene View Post
    Hey Mike,
    Carl Yastrzemski! I can't believe you got that. Hardly anyone ever does. Yaz was one of my favorite players way back when. I also had a bit of a crush on Fred Lynn. New York, huh? Well, I don't hate the Yankees like I used to since we broke the curse. The Red Sox seem to have found a new curse this year though. Don't you dare tease me about them this year. They really stink.

Thanks for the welcome!
    Most women and some men had a crush on Lynn. I don't kick a team when they are down. I knew it was all over for the sox when they hired Valentine. A new curse. This time from the Mets. All good fun. Real nice to have you here with us.

Platinum Member

Welcome to the team Yaz! I speak Southerner too. So if you drive by, I'll lift a finger saying hi, not like what it means up here in the north. I'm near Chicago.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

GregK

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Welcome!

Tips for Northerners moving South: #4. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #8. Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #17. If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.

LMAO!!! welcome to the forum!

Past Administrator

Howdy!And welcome aboard. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Tip #1 for northerners moving to the south: You need tint on your car windows as dark as you can get it. Also, working AC is an absolute must.
    6r39 7r199

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast