Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey

Nuadormrac

Hey

Not new to crunching, though obviously new here. I had started with SETI back in 1999 or 2000, it's listed in my account specs with em and crunched a few other things back then. Obviously BOINC was more recent, which I started using in late 2005 I think it was. I joined a mass of projects along the way, hehe

Anyhow hello....

Gold Member

Re: Hey

Welcome. Glad you sstopped by. As you probably know we are pretty much a crunch what you want to and have fun doing it. If you have any questions, please ask. We have a lot of "experts" here that are more then willing to help.
    Just in case you don't know we also crunch 2 non-cpu intensive projects. Freehal and Wuprop. These use next to nothing for cpu resources but add up in the points for you and the team. Take a look and add them to you cruncher if you like.
    Welcome again and don't be a stranger.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Gold Member

Welcome to the team and the boards. Glad to have you here. You've been at it a long time!

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadormrac View Post
    Not new to crunching, though obviously new here. I had started with SETI back in 1999 or 2000, it's listed in my account specs with em and crunched a few other things back then. Obviously BOINC was more recent, which I started using in late 2005 I think it was. I joined a mass of projects along the way, hehe

Anyhow hello....
    Hi to you as well and welcome. Nice to see old timers come to a great team as well as newcomers. Enjoy it and have fun...

Nuadormrac

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    Welcome. Glad you sstopped by. As you probably know we are pretty much a crunch what you want to and have fun doing it. If you have any questions, please ask. We have a lot of "experts" here that are more then willing to help.
    Just in case you don't know we also crunch 2 non-cpu intensive projects. Freehal and Wuprop. These use next to nothing for cpu resources but add up in the points for you and the team. Take a look and add them to you cruncher if you like.
    Welcome again and don't be a stranger.

Yeah I had been on FreeHAL for awhile, though the credit gain does seem a bit lower now then it was a month or 2 ago. Probably credit new struck again, but that's something else.... Ironically it seems to pay better on my older core 2 duo, then it does on my new laptop running an i7 quad, go figure.... Some obviously don't like new computers, but that's OK others do, and a newer comp plays games and what not better also I was just a touch miffed though when adding to that, 2 FreeHAL tasks took 1 GB of RAM each (most don't, but those 2 did), and seeing no reason to change the default 50% RAM useage, I came home to see tasks displaying a "waiting for RAM" message, as stuff wasn't running on all 8 cores (well the proc has hyperthreading, so Windows and BOINC sees it as 8). There's 8 GB of RAM total, not a prob unless well

Well I can limit it to 1 per machine, but with the core 2 getting better credit per crunch time, and limiting it, limiting it accross the board (unless I put the 2 procs on a different venue), eh; the core 2 can run that one and get close to what I was getting without the out of memory bit comming up. I did bump BOINC's share to 60% though, but really... Still if I woulda known that a hyperthreaded core is seen as 2, I'd probably have ordered this laptop with 12 GB RAM rather then 8, so there's be more then 1 gig per "core", eh it's faster then the old and the old didn't have a decent GPU either, this one does...

Diamond Member

We have a good task force at POEM and we are searching for a better place for the team. Maybe you could join us for a while at the project. There is some good apps and studies made by the team about the use of GPU at POEM.

Be most welcome back home.

I think that is the page but Matt and CH can help you better about POEM crunching
    http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php...ng-POEM-OpenCL
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 08-16-12 at 07:54 AM.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Hi and welcome to our little corner of the Net.

Peace,
    F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Welcome to the boards. Lots of good info here on the different projects. Take a look around.

Past Admin

Welcome to the team!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Diamond Member

Thanks for your fast answer about POEM. A man has to do what has to do. I think you would benefit from the task force experience on POEM and help us when and if you can. It is nice to know that you came with that will of helping the team, we hope to have you for long on our way to the top.

Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast