Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Portugal!

Gold Member

Greetings from Portugal!

Hi all,

Just introducing myself to the SETI.USA community. I am from Portugal and I usually do some backstage crunching for RSALS (aka RSA) and NFS@Home when integers sieved via BOINC by these two projects are available for post-processing phase. I don't get BOINC credit for it, just do it for the math and fun..lol
    My interests are in the math world more precisely factoring integers by different methods like ecm, GNFS and SNFS, but more likely from the latter.

Best regards,

Carlos Pinho

PS( Hey Mike029, I am here!)

Platinum Member

Re: Greetings from Portugal!

Welcome to our boards Carlos! Always good to hear from other crunchers.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Platinum Member

Heya Carlos! Imagine seeing you here!

Get some more of those RSA jobs Post-Processed! We need more WU's!

(Things got suddenly very busy at work, so I've got to wait a little longer before hopping into the PP world.)

Diamond Member

Ola pessoal da matemática. O meu nome é Ricardo Ferreira e tambem sou Portugues de Lisboa embora seja conhecido por aqui como Duke of Buckingham de profissão sou Engenheiro de Som. Sê bem vindo ao Forum Carlos.

Hello people from mathematics. My name is Ricardo Ferreira and I am also Portuguese from Lisbon although I am known around here as Duke of Buckingham, I am Sound Engineer by profession. Be most welcome to the Forum Carlos.

Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Heya Carlos! Imagine seeing you here!

Get some more of those RSA jobs Post-Processed! We need more WU's!

(Things got suddenly very busy at work, so I've got to wait a little longer before hopping into the PP world.)
    I stop helping RSA because we you already know the project will be closed by the end of the month and right now the server is full. All integers ready for post-processing are already reserved by others so I moved my help to NFS@Home. As can be seen here the RSA equivalent is live! Done two jobs and a third will end within ~12 hours.

So by moving CPU power from RSA to NFS@Home (please check lasieved - app for RSALS subproject, uses less than 0.5 GB memory to yes) you will make a favour to RSA. The advantage of running the NFS@Home under Linux is that the application is 64-bit compatible so you will get double credit and the speed is double when comparing to the 32-bit siever of the RSA. Also NFS@Home shares a wide range of the sievers for other platforms. I understand you all want to reach some milestones but RSA server is only 160 GB of space available and so it's very difficult to manage such space with post-processing stage.

Cheers,

Carlos Pinho

Bem-vindo pinhodecarlos, and cheers for the information on RSA.

Gold Member

Tomorrow I will start F1887 post-processing phase but it will only free up some 5 GB on the server. Right now 8 integers are free for reservation but I only have a computer!!!

Carlos

Past Administrator

Hello and welcome. Sorry for the delay in posting. It's been a busy month so far....

Anyhoot, enjoy and if you have any questions, please feel free to post.

Peace,
    F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Nuadormrac

Hey, and welcome...

And you're already on NFS, so won't have to inform you, that according to RSA's main page, the project is going down/transfering over to NFS at the end of this month....

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadormrac View Post
    Hey, and welcome...

And you're already on NFS, so won't have to inform you, that according to RSA's main page, the project is going down/transfering over to NFS at the end of this month....
    Yes I know but there are still a few integers to post-process before shutting down RSA forever. For BOINC users it is already closed, for us not yet. Don't worry that I don't get any BOINC points for the post-processing stage.

Carlos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast