Thread: New member

jhicks22

Hi to all SETI members. New to the Forum. Any help getting started will be appreciated. Thanks

Past Admin

Re: New member

Quote Originally Posted by jhicks22 View Post
    Hi to all SETI members. New to the Forum. Any help getting started will be appreciated. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forums. Take a look around we have lots of info here and it can seem overwhelming at the start. What is you Boinc name so I can look you up? Let me know if you need help installing Boinc and choosing a project or just figuring out what projects you may like to crunch.

Again, welcome
    Mike.

Diamond Member

jhicks22 I am not the best person to help you with Boinc, in spite of all my good will.

But we have a lot of nice and very patience persons that can help you. I would like to know what are the difficulties you are facing because the best of all is to face one by one instead of all at the same time. We would like to know a bit more about you also.

For now feel at home, you are very welcome to our FORUM.

Crazy Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Welcome to the team and the boards. What type of projects are you interested in crunching for? There are lots of options. Do you have a graphics card? It can help crunch too.

Past Administrator

Hello Hello Hello.

Welcome to the team forums. As asked above what kind of hardware do you have and which projects interest you?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator
    Great to have you on the team! Download BOINC and install it, then select your favorite project and start crunching away, my friend! PS - we are entering a challenge in the project SIMAP one day from now, (it's in the little list of projects BOINC provides when you install it). If you would like to help out by crunching it a bit, we'd sure take the help! Also, there is a SETI challenge going on for 2 more days, although honestly we are doing well there.
    Anyway, glad to meet you, and welcome aboard!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Platinum Member

Welcome aboard. Ask any questions you want and we'll see about getting them answered. Happy Crunch'n!

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!