I have the following suggestion for naming threads in the app_info.xml project forums. Hopefully, this will provide clarity when looking for an app_info for a cruncher's particular needs. If there are no objections we'll need administrative help to rename the ones already posted.

Also, it would probably be a good idea to have a guideline sticky detailing the convention for new threads that users will post. Since it would probably clutter up the forums by discussing app info availability and other app_info topics that don't provide an app_info we should probably leave/move those to the top level forum (sorry for breaking this with my Moo! app_info question). This will eliminate the need for stickys in each individual Project app_info forum. This can also be included in the guideline sticky.

Here is my proposal:

Code:
<Project> [app-]<version> (<plan_class>) <arch>/<os> - <nthreads> WU
  • project_______SETI, Milkyway (MW), Moo! Wrapper (Moo!), etc
  • app__________a project may have more than one app
    _____________optional if there's only one app at the project
  • version_______the version of the app
  • plan_class____ati14, cuda , opencl_ati_100, etc
  • arch_________i686, x86_64, ppc64, etc
  • os___________win, linux, mac, solaris, etc
  • nthreads WU__1, 3, 8, number of tasks at a time

So, using Poem as an example:

Project is Poem. Only one GPU app at the moment, so not specified. The current app_info in the Poem forum is 0.1, so version is 0.1. The plan class for this app_info is opencl, so currently opencl_ati_100. Arch is x86 which equates to i686 in the boinc client. OS for this one is Windows (win). The tasks at a time is 8.

Poem 0.1 (opencl_ati_100) i686/win - 8 WU