Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomp SETI.USA NFS@Home members thread

Diamond Member

Re: Stomp SETI.USA NFS@Home members thread

Tyler O. nice to see you posting. I wouldn't let Carlos answer to that because he doesn't know the answer to that question.

The true is Portuguese are stubborn and a bit crazy as the damn Duke.

Sorry Carlos I couldn't resist ...

Very Crazy and Stubborn Duke.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by tyler o. View Post
    I don't think it's a question of if Fire$torm will catch you but when.
    And I'm just curious...why did you choose NFS as your sole project? If you're concerned about maximizing credits, there are other projects with better credit/hour ratios.
    He will never catch me.
    I like math related projects but even more when integer factorization is concerned. The math here is very difficulty and beautiful at the same time. The algorithms are amazing. The factorization of integers from the Cunningham project started in 1925, it is one of the oldest continuously ongoing projects in computational number theory. I am joining fun, knowledge and better credit/hour ratio with NFS@Home.
    I don't run 100 % Boinc, I also do some factorization backstage work (ecm, post-processing) for different factorization projects like CGW, Oddperfect, Lucas and Fibonacci, etc.

BTW, did you see the smoke when I passed you? lol
    Last edited by pinhodecarlos; 10-09-12 at 10:42 AM.

Diamond Member

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    Let's see if you can get me. BTW, looking at your computers you are not maximizing your credit output. For the machines you have more than 1GB per thread/core you should run the lasievef application that gives you 65 points per wu in contrast with lasieved and lasievee applications that give you 36 e 44 points, respectively.......
    Sweet! Many thanks for the tip. I wasn't paying attention but now it is done.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Sweet! Many thanks for the tip. I wasn't paying attention but now it is done.
    Now with this tip you're going to get me.

Diamond Member

I will get you both buddies

Diamond Member

on NFS for Yesterday

Thanks for joining the Stomp DD (Dr Dan) and for sure I would like to have one more Mumps.

Many thanks to Mumps [MM], Carlos Pinho, Fire$torm [BlackOps], Mike029.SETI.USA [BlackOps], Duke of Buckingham SETI.USA, PJS, denim, tracy, Fogle.SETI.USA [BlackOps], Jonathan Brier, Kevin McAllister, fk&soph (our french friends) and of course to Dr Dan.

Together we are on the right pass to accomplish the best things and for sure they are all amazing.

Thank you for your help.

tyler o.

That's cool. Was just gonna offer some suggestions for other projects if you wanted them. So you're primarily interested in the interger factorization and not the credits, which is why you only run the NFS app that gives the most credit and not the other three. Makes sense. I guess I'm the crazy one for thinking there might have been more to it. Since you like numbers, should try calculating what people are capable of crunching and not just looking at their current output on one project before claiming that they'll never pass you. In the meantime, enjoy passing those of us not even working on the project at the moment. Congrats on the 350,000 milestone. And if you're throwin' off smoke, what's Mumps [MM]? A freakin' wildfire?! Hot damn!

Diamond Member

tyler o. the important is that you crunch something that makes you happy. The most important for me is to feel good with my crunching and know that my Electric Power money is not spend with no return to the human race.

As Factorization is an important tool on the research of molecules and in many other fields of so many sciences, I crunch it. I don't think the points count much (not for me). Points are only a measure of our crunching here in Boinc.

I would change all the points for having a nice discovery that could help other human beings to survive or to live better their lives while they are amongst ourselves. I would change all my points for children to have good water to drink, good foo to eat or only decent air to breath.

The real reason I am here is to work for a better world and meanwhile be happy while I do it.

So crunch anything you may think will serve human race and when you don't know just ask because all projects have someone to defend them and meanwhile: Don't worry, Be happy and of course keep on crunching.

Happy Duke

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by tyler o. View Post
    ...should try calculating what people are capable of crunching and not just looking at their current output on one project before claiming that they'll never pass you. In the meantime, enjoy passing those of us not even working on the project at the moment. Congrats on the 350,000 milestone. And if you're throwin' off smoke, what's Mumps [MM]? A freakin' wildfire?! Hot damn!
    I'll say again, he will never pass me. lol
    I am enjoying passing static members, it makes me feel good to go up in the rankings without having to add more machines to my effort. It's fun!
    Mumps is not of my league, can't tease him. If I do so I will be smoked.
    BTW, thank you for your nice words.

Take care. Carlos .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast