Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love EVGA

Diamond Member

Re: Love EVGA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    WCG needs to hurry up the GPU apps.
    Aaaaand done!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

I really don't know if I should post this EVGA promotion that they send me? Well here it goes anyway...

http://eu.evga.com/articles/00703/

http://eu.evga.com/articles/00707/

http://eu.evga.com/articles/00706/
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Re: Love EVGA Round 3

Short history. I started out with 2 EVGA GTX 465's that I ran in SLI mode. They both quit and were replaced by EVGA. Shortly after getting these replaced 1 quit again. EVGA replaced them both with GTX 470's. Great cards for a short while.
    Enter round 3. Wouldn't you know it...one of the 470's has once again stopped working and the computer will not boot with it.
    I called EVGA customer service and again was suprised by the response.
    We see that you have had a lot of trouble with the cards. We will send you shipping labels for both of them. Return them to us under the lifetime wrranty. By the way we are going to upgrade the cards to the GTX 570 model.
    Now if I could only find a faster way to get them back. It is 2 week turnaround. I will put up with the turnaround as long as the customer service keeps on giving me the service that they have. I have used another brand for motherboards for a long time but I am going to give EVGA a try nex time I upgrade.
    Last edited by c303a; 01-30-13 at 11:29 AM.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    Short history. I started out with 2 EVGA GTX 465's that I ran in SLI mode. They both quit and were replaced by EVGA. Shortly after getting these replaced 1 quit again. EVGA replaced them both with GTX 470's. Great cards for a short while.
    Enter round 3. Wouldn't you know it...one of the 470's has once again stopped working and the computer will not boot with it.
    I called EVGA customer service and again was suprised by the response.
    We see that you have had a lot of trouble with the cards. We will send you shipping labels for both of them. Return them to us under the lifetime wrranty. By the way we are going to upgrade the cards to the GTX 570 model.
    Now if I could only find a faster way to get them back. It is 2 week turnaround. I will put up with the turnaround as long as the customer service keeps on giving me the service that they have. I have used another brand for motherboards for a long time but I am going to give EVGA a try nex time I upgrade.
    Wow. Impressive. I will keep this in mind for my next purchases.

Wish I had the wherewithal to 1) Keep all my receipts/proof/etc longer than several months, and 2) The patience to deal with customer service. #2 is the real killer for me. In general, customer service is now nothing more than script readers, designed to draw it out long enough so that you just give up. Each level you escalate up the chain, requires you re-explain a pretty complicated problem, starting over from scratch. Yes, I cycled the damn power! No, dammit, I will not reboot my machine *again*.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Wow. Impressive. I will keep this in mind for my next purchases.

Wish I had the wherewithal to 1) Keep all my receipts/proof/etc longer than several months, and 2) The patience to deal with customer service. #2 is the real killer for me. In general, customer service is now nothing more than script readers, designed to draw it out long enough so that you just give up. Each level you escalate up the chain, requires you re-explain a pretty complicated problem, starting over from scratch. Yes, I cycled the damn power! No, dammit, I will not reboot my machine *again*.
    ...and don't forget, "We're sorry sir. We only support [some Microsoft specific product]".
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

With EVGA you register the product and submit the receipt at the same time so you don't have to keep the receipt. As for customer service, punch a few buttons and you are talking to a real English speaking person who even answers any e-mails you send.

Gold Member

Just installed the 2nd replacement GTX 570 from EVGA. Have to see what it does to GPU Grid.

Past Administrator

SWEET!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

WOW!!!!! Way to back up your product. GO EVGA!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123