Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams stomped by SETI.USA on NFS@Home

Diamond Member

Re: Teams stomped by SETI.USA on NFS@Home

For a big amount of reasons NFS is not compatible to run with Poem at least for me, so I will run NFS till Poem challenge start and will return to the project later Carlos.

I need some hours to finish some old tasks but will be there tonight.

Ric
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Ricardo, maybe it's related to the application used. How much memory Poem tasks use?

Diamond Member

No Carlos it is not. It is because I have not enough cores to run both and running only one task with one core is not good because it uses only about 40% of the GPU and it is a real waste.

My other computer had a problem with the on/off switch and now the internal "spring" of the switch (mola do interruptor) simply doesn't force the switch out that was since Saturday and I am going to try to fix it today if I have time. So the computer starts and forces the shut down immediately.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 10-08-12 at 08:34 AM.

Diamond Member

Let us try to help Carlos for a small time on NFS. The ones among you that can help on this project give a small help for us to gain this two positions and get closer to Sicituradastra. I know about Poem but the ones among you that have cores available please give a small help.

Thank you for your help.

Carlos how can we make more points at NFS? Sorry I didn't understood very well this explanation about all those letters on NFS tasks. Tell us about the points we are credit addicted. Some of us are ...

Ric

Gold Member

To get the most credits you need at least 1GB per core/thread available.
    Then go to http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/...subset=project and set up the clients like this:

Run only the selected applications
    lasieved - app for RSALS subproject, uses less than 0.5 GB memory: no (36 points per wu)
    lasievee - work nearly always available, uses up to 0.5 GB memory: no (44 points per wu)
    lasievef - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory: yes (65 points per wu)
    lasieve5f - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory: no (65 points per wu)

Offtopic: just looked at Top Host stats and my old GenuineIntelIntel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz is ranked 15th by daily average. Another week and I am in top 10. Hehe.
    Last edited by pinhodecarlos; 10-08-12 at 07:00 PM.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    To get the most credits you need at least 1GB per core/thread available.
    Then go to http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/...subset=project and set up the clients like this:

Run only the selected applications
    lasieved - app for RSALS subproject, uses less than 0.5 GB memory: no (36 points per wu)
    lasievee - work nearly always available, uses up to 0.5 GB memory: no (44 points per wu)
    lasievef - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory: yes (65 points per wu)
    lasieve5f - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory: no (65 points per wu)

Offtopic: just looked at Top Host stats and my old GenuineIntelIntel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz is ranked 15th by daily average. Another week and I am in top 10. Hehe.
    I have my lappy on it as well. Any free cores are for NFS.

Keep the faith Carlos. We will get to hit this project hard in the near future.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I have my lappy on it as well. Any free cores are for NFS.

Keep the faith Carlos. We will get to hit this project hard in the near future.
    Ditto here.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Russia is out, next L'Alliance Francophone.

Gold Member

6 days left to catch L'Alliance Francophone. I moved my machine from 16e siever to 16e V5 siever. I think the wu's are faster to process so I will get more points, ~1,000 more. Within 1-1.5 days I will have the answer because my queue is 200 wu's, 160 so far queued with 16e V5 wu's, 40 left to process (6 hours). I just hope 1.3GB/core is enough to run these V5 wu's on an Ubuntu VM, if not I will have to increase to 6 GB the memory available to Ubuntu VM.

Gold Member

Yesterday was my first day running full 16e V5 wu's and managed to go up to 12k points, more 800 points instead of the 1000 I was expecting, not bad?!
    We are almost getting the French, then a long slowly way until Sicituradastra. Already tried to convince Ben ( bdodson*) to move to us but I didn't get a reply from him yet. The good news is that he hasn't got anymore the computer labs available to run BOINC so it is not expected any kind of reaction from Sic team.

Carlos

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast