Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HI!I am glad to be one of you all

GregK

Re: HI!I am glad to be one of you all

Quote Originally Posted by james ying View Post
    I am in the management level of a small company. my city is 400KM away from ShangHai.

so it is amazing that we even can communicate by this forum.
    Yes it is. I've met so many people through these boards.

james ying

Quote Originally Posted by eruda View Post
    welcome Uncle ying~ ^D^//~
    多谢,现在你又有新场地来SHOW你的那些卡通画了,或许还有很多同好这里

Past Admin

多谢,现在你又有新场地来SHOW你的那些卡通画了,或许还有很多同好这里
    Let's see these cartoons or Anime as well call it here. Remember we to have children on these boards.

Diamond Member

Cartoons? Someone called me?

I like cartoons show the cartoons, please ...

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Nuadormrac

Just no one call themselves otaku, without knowing the implications of it. Lets just say that where we can say that fan, comes from the word fanatic, that fits the definition... Except in Japanese being otaku isn't a good thing, it suggests someone who's obsessed... Of course, even in the west though, we have heard accounts of fans gone crazy, as in creepy stalker kind of crazy even though most probs, aren't quite that way for a favorite team or what have you

I'm not sure if some in the west who watch anime and say that, had drawn the connection or not, tbh But some of these people could end up communicating what they don't intend, as such...
    Last edited by Nuadormrac; 10-03-12 at 03:26 PM.

james ying

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadormrac View Post
    Just no one call themselves otaku, without knowing the implications of it. Lets just say that where we can say that fan, comes from the word fanatic, that fits the definition... Except in Japanese being otaku isn't a good thing, it suggests someone who's obsessed... Of course, even in the west though, we have heard accounts of fans gone crazy, as in creepy stalker kind of crazy even though most probs, aren't quite that way for a favorite team or what have you

I'm not sure if some in the west who watch anime and say that, had drawn the connection or not, tbh But some of these people could end up communicating what they don't intend, as such...
    I google the word "otaku".that is bad meaning somethims. Actually I mean those people who like staying home more than going out.

Nekoko and some young people in our forum have lots of Japanese carton files,which I can't understand fully.Maybe I am too old?

Nuadormrac

I google the word "otaku".that is bad meaning somethims. Actually I mean those people who like staying home more than going out.

Nekoko and some young people in our forum have lots of Japanese carton files,which I can't understand fully.Maybe I am too old?
    Well, in the US, there are a lot of people who are interested in Japanese anime, and they have anime clubs and the like. Thing is, the word is Japanese, and so many use it to describe themself, thinking it cool. Only thing, when they do end up going to Japan, and speak as such, what they can end up communicating isn't what they really meant to say; which results in some people being a bit skitish around them. I'm not sure all people as such know exactly what they're saying/conveying however, even as they do so...

When going to use foreign words to describe one's self, it does help to know what they mean of course. Because rather then endearing one's self to them, one could end up inadvertantly putting them ill at ease. But then misunderstandings can happen all around as well, which is especially so when a vocal minority ends up speaking out against showing this or that on TV, and the company tries to accomodate without really understanding some dynamics in another country, or how sometimes certain people don't really reflect the desires of all (and most notably who would be their own customers at times).

It's a seperate topic from this thread, but the result can end up being how for instance in the Dragonball Z dubs, they ended up with green blood, a character who was a Buddhist monk saying a Christian prayer, and Picolo who was supposed to be a demon quoting Bible verses. Which really didn't go over well with many, even though it was all intended as an accomodation for some who have ideas on what should or shouldn't be on TV where kids might see it. But then we have our own divisions and our own differences of thought here, as probably one would find elsewhere too. Just look at how heated, how ugly, and how divisive the Presidential elections have turned out this year. I'm not sure I remember it ever being quite as negative, as it is now... And it isn't even about the issues, it's all about the parties and the people, and who hates what, more We're a country, deeply divided amongst ourselves at the moment, but in any case with a lot of differececes between different areas, states, different regions; we're not all a homogious people with the same views, or beliefs, on everything... Life in the north east for instance can be very different then in the deep south, etc... There is definitely a lot of diversity all around...
    Last edited by Nuadormrac; 10-03-12 at 10:08 PM.

Past Admin

I feel the same way at times.

Platinum Member

Welcome, glad you joined us!

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12