Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winblows 8 Expected to Fail Miserably

Silver Member
    And I will just try it, if I can get it as a MSDNAA licence and download for free, but only as a dual boot with Win7 or better a triple boot with Linux...
    Well, have to take a look at the server if they finally added licence codes to the MSDNAA server I have got access to.
    CH
    "Everything will be great at the end! And if it is not great, it is not yet the end!" "Do not ever strive for perfection! Strive for excellence instead!"
    "Sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or even a single one!" "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations"

Platinum Member

Re: Winblows 8 Expected to Fail Miserably

win7v8.jpg
    i'll stick with win7 tyvm

Past Administrator

And now M$ shoots itself in the foot again. And in a REALLY big way...!!!!

"Microsoft mistakenly gifts Windows 8 pirates with a free activation key" (Link)

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

oh crap I have a feeling that means windows media center wont be free anymore now i dont know what to do... im concerned because i use the m-card for my cable tuner from comcast having to use windows 7 media center to watch tv and record and i really dont wanna make the move to windows 8 but concern that eventualy media center won't be update on windows 7 earlier then normal for whatever new encoding they do on the broadcast forcing me to go to windows 8. Should i bite the bullet and pre purchase some copies while i can get em at 40$ with the free media center or not... ugh just more stuff to buy.

ATM windows 8 will not work corectly with my tuner but they are working on it.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    oh crap I have a feeling that means windows media center wont be free anymore now i dont know what to do... im concerned because i use the m-card for my cable tuner from comcast having to use windows 7 media center to watch tv and record and i really dont wanna make the move to windows 8 but concern that eventualy media center won't be update on windows 7 earlier then normal for whatever new encoding they do on the broadcast forcing me to go to windows 8. Should i bite the bullet and pre purchase some copies while i can get em at 40$ with the free media center or not... ugh just more stuff to buy.

ATM windows 8 will not work corectly with my tuner but they are working on it.
    Hmmm, go with what I posted then at least you will have it. If you decide to keep it, just get a legitimate key. IIRC you can buy keys directly from M$. I also seem to recall some etailors selling Win7 keys at one point but that might be a glitch in my gray matter.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I installed Win 8 in VirtualBox which is what I'm using right now. I exported it so I can go back to a fresh start (no pun intended) if I need to. It's a good way to install it without the usual Microsoft takes over the computer type of thing. I guess I'll pay the $40 when they force me to, or before the period for that price expires.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

I still have one box running Win 8 RC but I am having bad thoughts about putting it on my other 2 boxes. I just don't know if I like it enough to spend the $40 on it. I hate the touch screen method if you don't have one and I hate having to log in everytime you shut down. Oh well, I have until January to decide.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123