Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After looking around a little bit

After looking around a little bit

I know it's a mute ( or do I mean moot, feel free to correct me ) point but if Sicituradastra and Team Musketeer never spun off from us we would have been untouchable. It looks like Germany could be had for 2nd but it's still a shame. I looked up some old names, looks like Kevint is done but I recognized some others. Especially here. Nice to see the people who stayed. I'll send you guys a PM soon enough. Patrick
    Last edited by Clank [MM]; 02-10-13 at 11:58 PM.

Past Administrator

Re: After looking around a little bit

Yeah, IIRC KevinT had health issues so he moved to the Philippines (wife's native country) and as part of that stopped crunching.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Hi Clank good to see you back on! I just came back from a few month hiatus myself...won't have the power I used to, but something contributed to the pot is better than nothing, right? Yeah, it's always a sad deal to think about all the "could have beens" but oh well - we are where we are and it's only up from here!

Silver Member

Dr. Pop, good to see you back on the boards in whatever capacity. I'm hopeing your business is doing better, it's been tough all around. My company had some massive layoff's 2 weeks ago and I though I was gone. It's really scary when that kind of thing threatens. Anyway welcome back it's not the same around here without your input. Take care and good luck with RL.

Gold Member

Welcome back Dr. Pop. Good to see you back.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Diamond Member

There are Americans everywhere crunching for all teams and divided for some American teams, there is no possibility of a consensus that can bring them or take you to a united team.

I have been thinking a lot about it however there is some strength in diversity and is everybody right to have different choices. We have some Germans and some Portuguese, we even have Americans ...

What is the bond that ties a team together and give reasons for some to come and some to go? If you can answer that, you will have your answer.

There are some good things and there are some bad things to enumerate. The name has been a problem for an international team, calls for SETI and for the USA, however we have people from everywhere, is only to take a look on the list of the Team crunchers, I am proud of the team diversity and of the team choices about whom to help and when.

Yes we are in third and have lost some of our daily credit some time ago but we keep having a better output on a daily basis than the second and will get them sooner or later.

For my side there is some sadness that personal differences get people out of the team, if someone is resentful with a person what is team's fault about it, the team is everyone and everyone is a lot of people. There are some that keep crunching but don't crunch for the team and there the others that, for one reason or the other, stopped crunching (the recent disasters on east cost diminished our daily output a lot).

We were between 65M and 75M on October and November and had a nice daily output on December, it seemed at that time that we would pass SETI.Germany by April.

Well Patrick there are so much things that we could consider as news. One thing is good, a lot of people is coming back, and this is a sign that things are getting back to normal on real life that is good because besides our crunching and our team, people is more important.

To Clank [MM] and DrPop my best

Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 02-11-13 at 04:14 PM.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Admin

Yeah, I think about from time to time. I'm thankful for all the new friends that have joined us and our old members are welcome to come home should they choose.
    Welcome back my friend.

Past Administrator

Thank you all very much, but I don't want to steal Clank's thread! I'm glad to see you back, Patrick, and hopefully you'll be back to crunchin' in style for the upcoming SETI.USA challenge! I believe that one is Cosmology, right?

It's all good, thanks everybody, nice to hear from all of you.

Hey on a lighter note. I know Donation overpays but my first machine hit 2M in a day ( well I'm at 1.87M but I have 62 minutes left for 24 hours ). Hitting 90c on each card to do it but it's running.
    Last edited by Clank [MM]; 02-14-13 at 12:56 AM.

Diamond Member

The app STE\/E uses gives better results for my card making 2 tasks each time but I diminished the memory clock to have the card a bit more cold and didn't lost any time for it. I think that depends from card to card, mine is a HD5700.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast