Thread: Free DC graphics linking

Free DC graphics linking

Due to JPM's funny post I noted the graphics linked to Free-DC seem to keep moving on and actualizing. Which can lead to funny moments when reading a post a few weeks or months later.

Now I noted I cannot host these graphics locally to 'fix' them. Is there a way to get them locked and posted - other than uploading from my own comp?

Past Administrator

Re: Free DC graphics linking

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
    Due to JPM's funny post I noted the graphics linked to Free-DC seem to keep moving on and actualizing. Which can lead to funny moments when reading a post a few weeks or months later.

Now I noted I cannot host these graphics locally to 'fix' them. Is there a way to get them locked and posted - other than uploading from my own comp?
    If I understand what you are saying, you want a static (as in non-updating Free-DC graphic). You will need to save the graphic to your computer so it is "fixed". The saved image can then be uploaded to a hosting service but that a lot of extra extra steps. Your best bet is to use Dropbox which has public folders. Got move the image to that folder then right-click the file to grab the Dropbox URL for it. Now you can use the [img][/img] tags with the URL to post the graphic.

BTW, If you use FireFox and have the Quickdrag plugin (Link) you can drag-n-drop images displayed in FF directly to the Dropbox Public folder.

I just tested it with your sig graphic

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Re: Free DC graphics linking

F$ you are the wizard. Now I can post more pictures. It is your fault...

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever