Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye ByeTwinkies

Friend of SETI.USA

Platinum Member

Re: Bye ByeTwinkies

°There are 17 Hostess bakeries across the country cranking out 500 million Twinkies every year. That comes out to be about 1,000 Twinkies a minute or 16 per second.
    °It takes 40,000 miles of plastic wrap a year to package them.
    °At 150 Calories apiece, all those Twinkies have the energy equivalent to nearly 51,500 barrels of crude oil.
    °Twinkies have made appearances in countless Hollywood movies, like Ghostbusters, Grease, and Die Hard.
    ° Lewis Browning, an 89-year-old retired milk-truck driver is the undisputed "Twinkie King of the World" for eating at least one Twinkie every day for 64 years. By rough calculation, he has eaten more than 22,000 Twinkies so far.
    °The White House, suggested by Bill Clinton, put a Twinkie in their time capsule for the new millennium, as “an object of enduring American symbolism.”
    °In 2005 alone, Americans spent $47 million on Twinkies.
    °Residents of Chicago eat more Twinkies per capita than anywhere else, earning them the title of "Twinkie Capital of the World."
    °It takes 45 seconds to explode a Twinkie in a microwave. It takes only 1 second for your wife to get mad over the mess you've made by doing so.

We're going to miss you, Hostess

Diamond Member

18,000 jobs gone.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    18,000 jobs gone.
    From what the News was reporting last night some of the workers said they'd rather be on Unemployment, they should have been careful on what they wished for ...

I think somebody will take over the Company or the rights to making the Hostess Products, but the workers that were there now may not be asked back ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 11-16-12 at 03:55 PM.

Diamond Member

Striking is a gamble. Sometimes you loose. And even when you win, you can still loose, if you force management into a crazy contract (hello GM).
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

I know, I worked at Buick Motor Division for 37 Years, you wouldn't believe the Crap the Union would pull to get their way or their friends a job ...

GregK

never thought id see the day id better run to the store for one last one! maybe ebay has some for 10$ a piece?

Gold Member

I can see it now. Hostess is too big to fail. It's time for a Twinkie bailout.
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

The original concept of a labor union had merits but it was corrupted to to point that its been killing America for decades. 99.9% of the time you will not get rich working for someone else. Why so many thought otherwise is beyond me. Too bad those 18,500 were brain dead stupid enough to listen to their union reps in this economy. Common sense folks, where has it gone.....?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I can see it now. Hostess is too big to fail. It's time for a Twinkie bailout.
    ... Great Idea ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast