Not that I can see. My traffic graphs show nothing out of the normal during that time. There was a spike in traffic up to about 3Mb/s at around 5.30pm EST yesterday but that's not too big a deal either.

Best guess would be that it's some router upstream. I'll see if I can find a free external monitoring site which will do traceroutes and see if we can pin it down. Unless you want to script something to do it every 10mins say and save the output ?

It could also be some of the external javascript, but then they are external in order to parallel load, hosted by google/yahoo etc so it's unlikely.

If it persists and we can't figure it out, I'll have my IP address changed (will need to update the DNS for the sites at that point but that's trivial)

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
Hi BOK,
From about 7~8pm EST, both S.USA and Free-DC would load very slowly, on the order of a minute or two. Sometime later neither would load at all.

So, could it be a DOS attack? Or could it have something to do with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy? Ste\/e and I are both in the Eastern Zone and live approx 80 miles apart.