Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howdy from San Antonio

Past Admin

Re: Howdy from San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian View Post
    Got the main rig up on Poem, running 6 gpu tasks (1 CPU per) and process lasso set up (bought it - nice program!). Also running 6 cpu tasks - setting up the app_info was...fun? GPU tasks set to high priority, CPU to above normal.
    Laptop doesn't seem to like Poem much - GPU throttles even though it's a 680M. It still loves seti, so it can stay there I guess unless I figure out what is making it do that.

System crunching away, taking about 31 minutes or so per GPU task, and hour and 20 to an hour and 30 per CPU task. Heat, 60C for CPU core, 53 for GPU - better than seti was. System still responsive, so it can stay crunching (unless...well..I want to "play") System locked up while I was at work, been running fine since - that was with no app_info though. Have to see what it does while I sleep.

Any advice for a 6 core/680, and especially app_info tuning - I'm all ears. Followed some of the advice here - but SOOO many threads to read.

You guys seem pretty great and helpful - glad I moved over here.

Thanks!
    I'm running 4 on 4 with my 560Ti and AMD 6 core. Keeps the gpu at about 94% and cool. The other two cores I run on whatever is the focus project. Simap, NFS, Asteriods, etc.

Gold Member

With BOINC 7.0.42 (experimental yet) all you need is an app_config.xml. No app_info.xml necessary. That, along with the new boinc project updater and I'm finally getting enough work to keep my boxes busy and cranking out the credits.

P.S. Welcome aboard!
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Draconian

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    With BOINC 7.0.42 (experimental yet) all you need is an app_config.xml. No app_info.xml necessary. That, along with the new boinc project updater and I'm finally getting enough work to keep my boxes busy and cranking out the credits.

P.S. Welcome aboard!
    I'll give 7.0.42 a shot - thanks for the info!

Diamond Member

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12